SEVENTH CHAPTER

Hueningkai excitedly waited outside Soobin's room. Everyone had been busy with their exams and yesterday was their last paper. He raised his hand to knock at the door when the door swung open.

"Morning, Hyuka," Beomgyu greeted him before leaving.

Hueningkai yelled, "Are you not walking with us again?"

"I actually have to go somewhere," Beomgyu yelled back.

Hueningkai shrugged and entered the room, Soobin was wearing his shoes.

"Let's go Kai," Soobin's voice was cold.

"Did you eat your breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry."

Hueningkai could see he was not in a good mood.

"Did something happen the other day?" Hueningkai queried closing his notebook after their first period was over.

He didn't get any reply, he saw Soobin gawping at Beomgyu who sat across the classroom, who was completely ignoring him.

"Looks like he's avoiding you~~~"

"I like Soojin."

"Changed your mind again?" Hueningkai raised an eyebrow.

"This is what he said that night. He said he likes Soojin."

"He did not!" Hueningkai gasped.

"Yeah, apparently, I was a fool to think what I was starting to feel might be mutual. Guess it was just me," Soobin sighed.

"You're sighing a lot these days."

Soobin laughed dryly.

What did I sign up for?

•🌸•

After the classes, Hueningkai dragged Soobin to the café,

"Come! You haven't eaten anything since morning."

"I'm just not hungry."

"Shut up and follow. We haven't hung out with everyone properly for ages now."

They took a seat, Soobin saw Yeonjun and Taehyun joining them, he gave them a nod and then questioned,

"You guys don't have work today?"

"No, the staff is sufficient today so no extra hands needed," Taehyun informed relaxing in his chair.

Hueningkai clapped his hands together with a wide grin, "And our exams too ended so we should eat something nice today."

They ordered their food, Soobin too did. As much as he wasn't feeling like eating his stomach and his friends were opposing that idea.

Hueningkai turned to Soobin after they got their order, "Are you okay about telling us how it went with Beomgyu? In detail."

Soobin scanned all the three faces that were waiting for him to speak but his gaze stopped at Yeonjun. As if reading what his eyes said, Yeonjun blurted, "If you're not comfortable with me I can leave for a while."

"That's not what I meant, sorry about that. As far as I know Kai, he must've told you already," Soobin cleared.

"Ah yes, a little. Huenie once told me," while Yeonjun himself blushed at the nickname he gave to the boy, Hueningkai gave a guilty smile to Soobin.

Hueningkai was never good at keeping things to himself, not that he spread words about people but he couldn't keep secrets to anyone who he felt was close to him.

Soobin narrated the story in detail and the two were gasping while Hueningkai was shaking his head in disbelief.

"I don't know if he's angry about you not telling him or you liking Soojin," Taehyun put forward his doubt.

"I don't even think he really is interested in that girl, maybe he's just upset," Yeonjun was pondering over the matter.

"But isn't that weird? Why would you claim to like your friend's crush knowing very well they're their crush?" Hueningkai countered.

"If he's just doing it out of spite he's a jerk," Taehyun huffed.

"Hmmm... what if he is interested?" Yeonjun gave it a thought.

"If he truly likes her, doesn't it mean he was also hiding it from you?" Taehyun pointed out looking at Soobin receiving a strong nod of approval from the other two boys.

Soobin had his head facing down on the table between his hands. He couldn't listen to more possibilities any further.

"Guys!!! You are not helping here really!" The table went quiet.

"Soobin, to be frank, it's about you. Whatever we say doesn't matter. It's you who needs to decide what you want to do."

Soobin looked at Taehyun before groaning in exasperation.

"I think I need some alone time. I'll be leaving ahead," Soobin got up to leave.

Yeonjun nudged Hueningkai signaling him to say something.

Hueningkai cleared his throat,

"By the way, this morning I came to tell you something but your mood was clearly not good."

Soobin gave him a regretful look.

"Yeah, things are not working out for me nowadays."

Hueningkai stayed quiet.

"Well?" Soobin was now curious.

"Actually, Yeonjun and I are going on our first date tomorrow."

"OH MY GOD! Really??!"

"Yeah," Hueningkai bit his lip to contain his smile. Taehyun and Soobin cheered for their friends.

Soobin gave him a bear hug, he was happy for him, and at least someone was being honest with their feelings.

•🌸•

Soobin was tossing on his bed, Beomgyu hasn't come back yet. He contemplated giving him a call but he didn't want to come off as a nosy roommate, knowing really well they were not on good terms right now. He opted to text the boy but after typing the message, the dilemma of sending it or not was tiring him. He soon fell asleep.

Beomgyu carefully unlocked the door so as not to make a sound. He straight up went to the bathroom and got changed, he crossed Soobin's bed. He saw his phone's screen on, and as much as he tried to avoid it, he sneaked to take a look.

Beomgyu laid down on his bed, he didn't know why he was feeling restless. He turned to look at Soobin who appeared to have trouble sleeping or maybe he was dreaming. His eyebrows knitted together into a frown, Beomgyu couldn't help but smile, he stood up and knelt down on the floor before Soobin's bed. He slowly reached out his hand, gently brushing through his hair wishing it to lessen the distress Soobin was facing in his sleep. It did work and Soobin looked placid.

Beomgyu sat back against his bed, still on the floor; he rested his head on the bed with his eyes fixed on the ceiling. He glanced at the mini fridge that sat in the corner of their room. He wasn't happy with what he was going to do ahead, living with him had shown him just how much of a kind person Soobin was and how much he himself loved being around him,

and now he was going to hurt him

or himself?

But he had to step back before it was too late, he had to make a decision. He closed his eyes to erase the image of the message that hovered over his mind.

Gyu🌸

Gyu?

You there?

I was just wondering if you're okay

I also bought some pastries, they're in the fridge

Make sure to eat :)