FIFTEEN CHAPTER

Soobin saw Beomgyu coming out of the store with his hands carrying two bags, he rushed to take one.

"You said they're waiting for us."

"Did I?" Beomgyu acted oblivious.

They started walking towards the shop Yeonjun told them they were at. Soobin's head was looking down at the pavement, and at their feet that moved in sync. The breeze felt chillier as the sun was getting ready to sleep. Soobin looked at Beomgyu who had a leaf stuck in his hair, he stopped at his feet,

"Wait, there's a leaf on your head," he removed the leaf from his hair. He looked at Beomgyu's face which was tinted with red, he ruffled his hair,

"Are you cold? Your face is red," He cupped his face and Beomgyu's body turned into stone.

"Is it better?" Soobin asked with a soft smile.

Beomgyu quickly turned his head in the opposite direction hiding his face. Soobin found it cute and now his face was too bathing in a bright pink colour.

Soobin was startled when Hueningkai screamed his name. He asked them to hurry waving the bag of ice creams. Beomgyu was still trying to get rid of his scarlet face.

The three joined them and Soobin handed them the bag. Beomgyu, Soobin, and Taehyun grimaced at the couple eating mint chocolate ice cream, the pair just gave them side-eyes.

Hueningkai tried to feed the ice cream to Soobin who looked completely repulsed,

"Don't feed me your toothpaste."

"It's better than whatever you're having," Yeonjun's statement made him hear a series of boos from the three boys.

After they were done with eating and their squabble, Hueningkai asked them to make teams for beach volleyball. Rock, paper, scissors split them into two teams, one with Taehyun, Beomgyu and Soobin and the other with the couple.

"This is not fair! Taehyun is on your team. He himself will kill us," Hueningkai whined while Yeonjun supported his claim but Soobin and Beomgyu revolted.

Before it could lead to another tussle, Taehyun suggested that he play one set with each team and it seemed to calm the situation.

"Okay now, decide your team's na-" Taehyun couldn't complete because Hueningkai and Yeonjun had yelled,

"MINT CHOCO LOVERS FOR LIFE!!!"

The other three boys befuddled at what they heard, in the meantime, Soobin whispered something in Beomgyu's ear which made him giggle.

As much as they thought the other team's name was ridiculous their pride didn't want them to fall behind. They too screamed in unison,

"MINT CHOCO ANTIS TILL DEATH!!!"

While Hueningkai and Yeonjun both laughed in disbelief, Taehyun laughed in contentment.

So, the match began.

•🌸•

Sadly, for Beomgyu and Soobin, their team lost. Yeonjun ran around celebrating their victory and mocking the others screaming 'Mint Choco Lovers Win' like he had been waiting for this moment his whole life.

Beomgyu was sulking, grazing his fingers down the beach sand. Soobin came up to him to comfort him knowing how much competitive he gets when it comes to a challenge. Soobin sat down next to him,

"Are you pouting?" he teased.

Beomgyu glared at him with a knitted eyebrow.

Soobin laughed,

"C'mon it was just a game!" he ruffled his hair again, but Beomgyu quickly brushed his hand off of his hair as he wouldn't be able to hide his flustered face when they were this close.

"Don't touch me!"

Soobin too retreated his hands, "Oh, okay."

"Thank you. You were messing up my blinding beauty," he said while flipping his hair.

"Well, you can look better if I do this." And Soobin jumped at him messing up his hair.

Yeonjun asked Taehyun to call Soobin and Beomgyu for they were about to light the sparklers. As Taehyun got up to leave, they all spun their heads around in the direction of a long shriek, Beomgyu was chasing Soobin now seeking revenge. They all looked delightfully at both of them. Taehyun wondered if this could be the start of something.

•🌸•

They all gathered in a circle and lit up the sparklers they held in their hands, they rejoiced as the sticks ignited with brilliant light. Hueningkai took off running with two lit sparklers in his hands, followed by Yeonjun. Taehyun too ran to join them leaving the other two alone.

Soobin watched Beomgyu's face that glowed before the sparkler that scintillated with a bright yellow light. And everything started to fade away in the background of twilight. At that moment Soobin felt an incandescent love for the boy before him, the love he wasn't so sure about a few days back, the love he thought was him being selfish.

He knew he couldn't keep his feelings chained up inside him, not any longer. He wanted to confess his love to him right at that second, he wanted to be selfish, he wanted him to know that he didn't want to be just a friend to him. He felt like he was finally standing in front of the destination he had been chasing through the maze. Now, all he needed was to take a step forward and this time his feet weren't holding him back. All the times they spent together came flashing in his head like a movie, he could hear Beomgyu's playful giggles in his ears.

"Beomgyu"

Beomgyu turned his gaze at Soobin who seemed nervous but determined. Their sparklers had died down and the moon was peeking through the curtains of grey clouds, witnessing the moment they were sharing.

Soobin could see Beomgyu's face and his love for him under that faint moonlight all too well.

"I love you"

Beomgyu felt his heart stop. He believed he could pass out from the sudden rush of blood that was making its way to his face. He stared at him with parted mouth forgetting how to blink, or even breathe.

Soobin looked ahead at the sea breathing in the gentle rush of wind that swayed their hair,

"You may see this as something completely out of the blue but yeah," he turned to him with a smile,

"I've been in love with you since... I don't know."

Beomgyu's heart had started palpitating even more rapidly when Soobin delicately placed his hands on his shoulders standing before him, their eyes were fixated at each other. Beomgyu knew that hiding his deep red blush was not even worth trying now.

"You don't have to answer unless you feel like talking about it. I just wanted to let you know because I can't pretend anymore."

Soobin rested his forehead against Beomgyu's, and they both closed their eyes. Beomgyu was lost deep in his euphoria, yet it was so hard to believe that Soobin was standing before him confessing his love for him; for him. He wished the time to stop for eternity.

Soobin sighed and smiled again,

"I'm sorry but I really love you."

"You don't have to be sorry about anything," Beomgyu said in a hushed voice.

Soobin opened his eyes, pulling away to see Beomgyu who looked back at him with his twinkling eyes,

"Can you wait for me? Just a little?"

Soobin couldn't comprehend what he meant but he was prepared to wait for him; as long as it would take.

"Yeah," he breathed.