Prologue

The mission was fucked from the very start. Sending two of the Ghosts who absolutely hate each other, out on a mission in the middle of winter, with no service or communication to everyone back at base, for an entire week, it felt like a damn elaborate set up. If it wasn't for the fact they actually did find the enemy base, they would've turned back and never spoke to one another again. But because their goal was found, they had to stay.

And by stay, they had to follow the traveling circus of enemies as they went about their business. The plan was partial stakeout, but also assassination when able. The stakeout was to keep tabs on their movements and routines for a simple week, so when they returned home the rest of the team would go and take them out. Assassinations in the meantime were meant to thin the herd, but also see how they would react to a sudden loss and how quickly they could fill those holes.

As with every plan, however, there is always a screw up. And this wouldn't be an interesting story if our lovely duo didn't find themselves in a messy situation.

((A/N Hey guys! I know it's hella short, but prologues usually aren't meant to be. I just wanted to get something out here so all of you can feast on something before I bring the full course meal. I might have the first chapter out by early next week, but I can't promise much. Stay safe!

-Galaxy G.