꒰Chapter four꒱˖♡

Chapter four | alone

After hearing a voice from inside, his mother exclaimed, "Oh, sweetie, you're home!" Jayden rubbed his nape and stepped aside to let him in. "Jayden came to see you," his mother said with a smile. Art sighed heavily. "I'll be in my room," he muttered, unaware that the older boy was following him.

As he made his way upstairs to his bedroom, the door suddenly closed behind him. Jayden had closed it. "What are you doing here?" Art questioned, raising an eyebrow to show his disinterest. Jayden let out a sigh and approached him.

"Art...are you avoiding me?" Jayden inquired gently, causing Art to swallow nervously and avert his gaze. Sitting on the edge of the bed, Jayden tried to catch Art's eye as he looked away.

"Hey," the older guy called out, but Art stubbornly shifted away and didn't even glance at him. "Hey, Art..." The older boy's tone turned serious.

"I'm not trying to ignore you," Art quickly interjected.

His heart raced in his chest as the older firmly grabbed his jaw, forcing him to face him. "I'm talking to you, right?"

"Why do I feel like you're ignoring me?" the older boy asked again, releasing his grip on Art's jaw. Art's cheeks flushed with embarrassment from their sudden proximity, and he nervously brought his hands up to his cheeks, lightly tapping them while the older guy simply observed him.

Art cleared his throat, "I'm not intentionally ignoring you. I just feel like... maybe I'm becoming too dependent on you and it's getting annoying-"

"Look at me, Art." Jayden gently held his face, causing Art to blush. "Don't call me baby, I'm not a baby anymore," Art protested, but Jayden just chuckled. "To me, you'll always be my baby."

"Quit it with the baby talk, save it for your girlfriend," Art retorted, a hint of jealousy in his voice.

Before Jayden could respond, Mrs. Lee called them down for dinner.

_

"Seriously?!" Art exclaimed, causing his spoon and fork to clatter onto his plate. "What's the deal? Me and your Dad are just going for a movie night, and Jayden gets to stay with you" His mother tried to explain,

"Come on, it's not a big deal. Jayden already said yes. Isn't that right, Jayden?" His mother added and Jayden nodded enthusiastically, flashing a big grin, while Art remained in utter shock.

After their meal, Art's parents said their farewells and left the two of them alone in the house. Jayden waved goodbye to them and wished them a great date night, receiving a warm smile from Art's parents.

Meanwhile, Art sat on the couch, feeling a bit down. It's not that he had an issue being alone with Jayden - it's just that his first love was here, with him.

Alone...

But it wasn't the first time, so maybe it would be alright.