~☆Chapter 3☆~

"My Lord...I'm afraid you'll have to return to the Twisted Angel for this mission."
The prophet said sincerely, as he continued.
"But, we know your power, your strength. We know you can defeat her once again."
The Ink Demon covered up his mouth and looked away.
'Thank you for your loyalty, Lawrence.'
The Ink Demon smiled and patted his shoulder.
'I guess,you're right. I might need to bring a guard...So it won't happen again.'

Sammy nodded and ran out of the room.
"As you please, My Lord."

The tall Demon crossed his arms, his tail swishing in the process.
Hen-...Heart was thinking of a way to end that Angel's maliced actions.

He left her alive only because he felt Susie in her pleas...Her asks for mercy almost sounded like Susie again...But it wasn't Susie, just something to mock him for how much he cared for her when she was at her worst.
However The demon left her blind, because she was getting out of control and the risk for other survivors and toons.
Her envy was too strong. She was hungry for power, to gain the Demon's abilities and the abilities of others.
But she forgot one thing that made the demon unstoppable.

As for today, she is trying to get her eyes back and by that, she is killing random toons outside of Toon Town. But her next stop will be closer and closer to Toon town.

As he owns both the studio and Toon Town, it is his responsibility to take care of it.
The Ink Demon sighed and thought of all the pain that is happening. He needed to stop her. There was no Susie in her. She was corrupted by the tainted ink.

Heart tapped his finger on the wood table, his gaze wandering for anything he could find ideas of. He looked back at the sleeping imp on his bed, who was snuggled up into the soft blanket.

"My lord!"
Sammy barged in with papers and made a loud bang when he slammed the wooden door open.
The Ink Demon placed a finger over his lips to sush him.
The small imp grunted and mumbled, turning to lay on the other side of the bed, still sleeping.

"My apologies, but...I think it's best to take the imp, Bendy."
The ink man suggested.

Heart froze...The little guy? Well, he wasn't little, he was quite tall, but not really when he was twice Bendy's size, but...he didn't wanna risk a life this precious...He was still his new maid and guard (It was just guard, however Bendy was a lil' money hungry), but he felt a strange feeling of protection over him. He felt warm and fuzzy with him, he felt like he had someone that...seemed to care about him.

'No.' The only sign he made with his fingers, his eyes looking back at Sammy with a hardened expression across his face.

"But, my lord! There is-"

"I can do it. Don't worry about me."
Heart turned around to face Bendy, his look of surprise.
The ink demon shook his head, and reached over his table, looking down at the map beyond Toon Town.

"C'mon, don't treat me like I'm some lil' pipsqueak!"

Bendy hopped out of bed, slightly being tangled in the blanket.

Heart stayed silent, shaking his head.

'A no is a no, Bendy.'
Heart signed with his hands, feeling his annoyance rise as everyone tried denying his wishes.

The smaller demon reached for the Ink Demon's larger hand, gently squeezing it.

"I am a guard for a reason. I won't let ya' down. I...I know how messy the outside is...And I promise to be worthwhile...my Lord."

The Ink Demon stayed silent, his head turning to the side as he thought about it.
With a single snap of his finger, Sammy hurried off to fulfill Heart's needs.

The Ink Demon turned his head back to face the small demon toon, nodding reluctantly.

'I expect you to take care of yourself the most. I value my worthy guards.'

Heart signed with his hands. He knew clearly of Bendy's history with his committed crimes, such as thief and assault (Which was soon cleared to be only self defence). But with the taller demon's eyes, he could see far more from a toon than any one else.

Bendy gave a goofy smile, his little fangs poking out as he bit in a loud yell of joy. His first mission!

"HELL YEAH, BABE-!!"

Silence filled the room, making Bendy shut up and almost immediately silenced himself...

"I mean, thank you...My lord." Bendy cleared his throat, looking to the side...

Heart nodded, his tail swaying side to side in similar rhythm as he thought about what certain gear he will need...
The smaller demon followed curiously, following his Lord's gaze to the cabinets in the corner of the big office.

The Ink Demon walked over to the mysterious cabinet, it filled with various markings, scratches and a few sigils...

The cabinet contained a bright golden spear, with angelic features and symbols of justice. It was the same spear that Heart spared and fought Malice with.

The Ink Demon grabbed it with both of his hands, and turned back to Bendy and Sammy.

'It's time.'

Bendy looked over at Sammy as so did Sammy at Bendy.
"Good luck, Ben...You'll need it."
The ink man patted Bendy's shoulder, before leaving the room.

As Heart held the spear in his hands, the smaller devil toon couldn't help, but feel curious.
"Is it for me...?"

'Not in a million years...' Heart gave a small grin, before it quickly dropped again. Wait, wait, wait...Heart smiled?
Bendy had to process that THE Ink Demon smiled?! It was once in a lifetime moment to see that frown turn upside down...! Well, that's another thing to brag about.
However, it didn't fully reside Bendy's disappointment in not getting the spear.

The taller demon was immediate on his plan, and had sorted each little piece and necessary items they needed for the mission.

•°•°••°•°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°•°°•°•°•°°•°•°•°

Heart put the last piece on Bendy, a few armour pieces and belts, alongside weapons in holsters. Bendy was keeping eye contact the whole time as he adjusted each part. However, once he noticed, he couldn't help, but gently chuckle and boop Bendy's heart shaped nose.

'I think I'll be the guard in this mission, especially with your chubby cheeks...'
Heart chuckled, gently pinching Bendy's cheeks.
Bendy's eyebrows furrowed as his cheeks gained a small red hue.

"Don't underestimate my abilities, my Lord. I promised to upstand anythin'!"
The small demon toon retorted, however he couldn't help, but smile from that soft and sweet giggle that escaped his Lord's lips.

'Oh, I don't doubt it. However, that cute face doesn't really help to intimidate...'

Bendy simply scoffed, before continuing to walk with Heart towards the lower floor, fae from Toon Toen and its safe zone...

°•TBC.•°