Prelude

"Fourty nine..... Fifty..... Fifty one...."

Those were the numbers our protagonist counted as he took several tens of squats down. At that moment, he was already heavily sweating.

This man was Shugo Tategami, 23 years old, employed as a hunter after graduation, he was recently a C-Ranked Fighter class hunter, one that was decently paid each time he goes out to clear dungeons with his fellow hunters.

His long, black hair with a bangs covering his eyes almost going down to his nose. Strangely enough, he could still see normally as if he was used to it.

Due to his hairstyle and lightly introverted personality which appearsd from his earlier years, he was sometimes called "Mob-kun", "Mob-san", and "Mob-chan".

P.S. He will eventually develop out of his Introvert or Mob Phase for those who are easily triggered.

What nobody doesn't even know, even his family, was that he has been reincarnated from an Earth similar to us readers and authors, having a lightly laid-back personality and carefree feeling around him.

"Phew.... I'm tired...." He spoke, laying his back on the cold floor after a long exercise to cool down quicker. "Well, whatever, all in a day's work."

Obviously, like many other hunters, he was merely here for the money and good pay.

When he thought about it, he was surprised that it had almost been 10 years since the Gates suddenly appeared around the world.

"Almost ten years have passed, I've finished High School and College again, and now the Canon is about to start. I might be wrong, though." He muttered to himself, firmly believing that he really is just a mob character with some good background.

His rise in the hunter business was steady, and he considered being quite average because everyone else has incredible powers related to magic while he was using pure skill and innovations to fight, leaving him as quite different from many hunters.

Most of his expenses came from paying a Healer to patch him up, yet he was still cautious and careful enough not to end up in the hospital.

He was brought out of his wistful thinking by his phone making a loud Klaxon warning sound.

That alert sound alone was enough to have him get up as quickly as possible, picking up his smartphone and looking at its screen.

"Ah, Director's calling." He sighed out rather excitedly, pressing the call button and putting it before his ear.

{"Shugo! Sorry for being late in calling you, but we need you and other hunters for another Gate exploration! You're close to the gate, around southeast of you!"}

"Southeast, on the beach in Okita? I'll be going out now, thanks for the information."

{"Just be there in under 30 minutes, otherwise the gate might spill out monsters!"}

With that, the call ended and Shugo began to wear the rest of his hunter's uniform and backpack containing rope, and essential tools he could use.

Before leaving his apartment, he locked the doors and closed all windows, then rode his motorcycle to his destination, which naturally should take around 10 minutes, however due to the traffic caused by the appearance of the gate, it was stretched to an extra ten minutes.

The moment he had arrived was when most of the hunters from his guild, Explorers, had also arrived, expecting him to arrive soon.

People were evacuated to safety to prevent instances of causalities from careless actions and monster attacks that would come.