15 October: Vigilante

Warnings: cursing/cussing; kidnapping; being kidnapped; guns; pocket knives; possible torture; people saving; name calling?

"Cap zczhzczh what's...... status?" I heard some rattling through the coms. "Merryvig, check the stations. Somethings wrong." I typed into my watch. 'Sure thing Captain' came back instantly. I heard my coms sizzle out and then rattle on again. "How's now Captain?" I heard Merryvigs voice chime over the radio. "All good now. Would you repeat the question gal?" I asked from the operation manager as my coat flew in the wind.

"I asked about the status Cap. How's The Maniac holding up?" I hesitated and looked into the ceiling window again that gave me the perfect view of the scene. "They ain't gonna hold out for much longer if I'm guessing right. I do hope they are alright tho Merry." I spoke. I could feel my tears wet the cloth that covered my upper face from the recognising eyes.

"Okay then. I don't see that any of them have any lethal weapons." "I saw at least 9 of them holding handguns. 3 others had pocket knives." I interrupted her.

"Well that's shit. Want me to bring The Warden in?" "Fuck no! He is more of a creep than those idiots down in their little warehouse." "Alright, no Warden. How 'bout Demon Trio?" "They are children, we don't involve children into kidnappings Merry." "Witchers?" She hesitated slightly. "I mean sure. We could use them mages." I shot back.

"Alright, sending out the message now. Are you going to go right in or can you hold it?" The operator asked me. "Girl, I could even manage, but I don't know if The Maniac will." "Yeah, that's going to be a problem." She said.

I saw something happening downstairs. "Shoot! Someone's approaching them with a dagger." I whispered. "What was that Cap? Could you repeat that?" I heard from the coms. "Someone's approaching the target with a goddamn dagger Merryvig!" I almost yelled at her. "Shit! I'll tell the girls to hurry up." About time! I wanted to say, but kept my mouth shut for now.