Theodore and The Stone

Chapter 1 - The Not-Should-Have-Happened Beginning

On January 10th, 1980, my tiny, naked body was pulled into this world after a last-minute decision of not being aborted. The decision came down to me being born all because of my grandmother. She already resented my mother and that aborting me would only mean that she'd cut her off completely without hesitation or mercy. My mom made sure to remind me of that often.

I spent my childhood in the backyard where there wasn't any grass nor shit to play with but mushrooms, bugs, and rocks. What intrigued me was wrestling with the neighbor's dog which was never watched or given attention. Like me.

I was two years old when that bastard dragged me across the front yard. I twisted myself over and bit his front paw so hard, the only thing he could do is cry. He limped away that day, glaring at me but yet still brought his ass back every time he saw me in the front of the home I lived in.

As I got older, the smaller he became.

It's not an accomplishment to state, but over time, I started to love that asshole. I stole him (hid him in my bedroom secretly) in 1990 at the age of ten. I started staying upstairs in my bedroom for hours with him until his death which was caused by the blunt force of my father's foot.

That night my father and I stared at each other. I shed no tears nor showed any traits of fear.

"You should have been dead a long time ago" he grunted at me.

"Fuck you" I replied.

I haven't loved anything since then.

Long story short, I grew up alone.

What's Christmas? What's Thanksgiving? What's a family portrait? What even is a family? Who are even these adults that I live with?

My teenage years emerged quickly and so did my "aggressive" personality teachers liked to say.

"Theodore Rockets, there is no reason to use such profound language in this classroom," My favorite high school teacher says to me. She was a beautiful dark-skinned woman with the most fluffy, long hair and plum lips.

I sat up and briefly said, "Shut the fuck up".

Some of the kids laughed and some pointed at me like that was going to change her reaction.

Needless to say, I didn't have any friends or adults that liked me. It's easy to admit, it was my own damn fault.

Chapter 2: Sunny Wires Electric Company (Current day)

"It's 2004. What the hell are these women doing adden' up all those extensions? You ever had a girl, Thunder?" My dirty-ass boss asks me, gettin' up in my business.

"Who needs one?" I asked back.

My boss stared at me for a little while saying "Well, you over 6 foot, young, strong, hardworking. You could catch yourself a cute girl."

I say nothing as he starts smoking another cigarette.

"Thunder, do you believe in God? Do you believe in anything?"

This time I made eye contact and saw that this was a sincere question.

"No, boss."

He nodded. He wanted to say more but he didn't. He sat down in his dirty old chair. He started replying to the multiple phone calls he hadn't yet returned and I continued to clean off my tools.

He sent me to a small, pale yellow home that was in the middle of nowhere and was surrounded by nothing but grass and sky. I marched up to the door only to be greeted by a young couple.