<Books> ◇ Prologue

RED. The petals are a vibrant red this autumn. What am I to do about all this red? I've been tasked with the job of leaf-coloring each season, but something has gone wrong. What is it? It's plaguing my mind like a deadly disease. YELLOW. Why Yellow? Such boldness and purity... I do not believe my eyes as each petal that falls begins to switch as if something else is commanding it. It's my job, so why can I not fulfill it properly? What am I to do? PURPLE. The most unnatural and unexpected color for them to turn. Have I done this? I'm being told that I am not to blame, but I feel the colors splashing about in my mind. Is it because of how I feel? My voice has disappeared long ago, along with my natural touches. I no long want those colors. I want to expand more, green is much to Simple. GOLD.

   She Closes the book and sighs. "Whew, book 3 done. I wonder what's next on my list?"
   Getting up from the chair, the girl walks back toward her bookshelf with the biggest smile, so big you can feel her emotions exploding. The girl gently finds a spot on the top shelf for the book she has just finished reading. Then looking to her right at the time clock ticking away on the wall, it seems to have been 2 hours even though it felt to her that it was only 5 minutes. The dreaworld of book reading truly was magical. Turning back to her initial objective, she reached for the second to bottom shelf, closing her eyes she plays a little game of "eenie meenie minie moe." Her finger lands on what seems to be a midsized book, based on touch. Opening her eyes only to see the title of the book, but there was no title this time. What? She thought. I don't remember obtaining this book at all? Out of curiosity the pages of a life changing book are about to be flipped though by an innocent soul.