Chapter 1: Never Again

TW: The wish to die, mention of suicide

***

​​"mmm, i know, but i can't get away either." - deja vu

A young man ran through the dark streets. He was supremely late. They were going to kill him this time...

He stopped when he bumped into a tall man. The young man quickly bowed. "I-I'm sorry!" He said, trying to run past when the man grabbed him by the back of his shirt. The man pulled him back, throwing him onto the ground.

"I know you... you vandalized my property! How nice that we could meet again!" The man exclaimed.

"I-I-I don't know what you're talking about..." The young man stammered. He swallowed. He knew what the man was talking about, but it hadn't been his fault... why did it always have to be him?

"You know very much what I'm talking about, you rabbit murderer. Do you think it's funny to destroy other's property?"

"That wasn't me, they- they framed me!" Why, why, why, did it have to be him?

The young man flinched as the tall man pulled out a knife. "Aren't you... going to call the police on me?" The young man asked. As much as he would hate having the police involved, he would much rather prefer that than anything with a knife.

"No... we're doing this my way." The tall man leaned over the young man, placing his hand on his chest. The young man groaned as the tall man pushed down on his chest. "Let's see if you still vandalize after this." The tall man's face was so close, the other man could feel the hot breath on his face. A drop of some kind of liquid fell on his cheek. He assumed it to be saliva, but it was warm and thick.

He couldn't focus on thinking as he felt a pain more intense than he had ever felt in his right eye. His vision blurred. The man stabbed his eye again, finally forcing a scream out of him. He couldn't take it anymore.

"Kill me..." He whispered. "Just... end it..... please..." He pleaded.

He screamed again as the man stabbed him in his leg. The man dragged the knife down, then pulled the knife out, leaving a long cut on the young man's leg.

"I just want you to learn your lesson. I'm not here to kill you." Some more of the liquid dripped onto his face, but the young man barely noticed. He closed his left eye, unable to close his right eye painlessly.

"....just... kill me.... let it be over.... now..."

The tall man chuckled, standing up. "Does it hurt? Good."

"Knife.... give me...." He reached up, trying to grab the knife out of the man's hand. If the man wouldn't kill him, he would take his own life.

The young man's arms fell as he went limp. He had lost his consciousness.

From that day on, he swore to never be so weak again. He wouldn't follow others. Never again.

___

I hope you enjoy reading my first ATEEZ fanfiction! Yes, the first chapter is a bit... brutal, but... yeah. I hope you like it