chapter 1

AJ is a patient In a child's  ward she is 15 and female.

The walls of the room are painted in a pastel pink. The floor is covered in a white sheet, while a desk and chair sit in opposite corners. There is a small window that allows a small amount of light it. The whole room is dim, as if they were trying to hide something. A young girl is huddled in the corner, with her knees pulled up to her chin and eyes closed. She’s wearing grey clothes, the shirt and pants looking slightly too large for her small frame. A psychiatrist, Alana Bloom, walks in, her face filled with concern.

AJ is rocking back and forth seeking comfort

Alana crosses the room to her, crouching down in front of her. "Do you know where you are, sweetie?" Alana says softly. The girl stays silent, still rocking back and forth. Alana gently grabs the girl's hands to stop her from moving.
The girl starts to freak out, pulling away from Alana and frantically crying. She’s trying to crawl into the corner behind her, sobbing loudly. Alana tries to calm her down, gently stroking her hair. "Hey, it's okay. You're safe here." she whispers. "No one is going to hurt you. My name is Dr. Bloom. Do you remember your name? What's your name?"
The girl sobs loudly.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry like this." Alana says softly. She tries to comfort the girl, but she’s not having any of it. She refuses to talk, continuing to rock back and forth while crying hysterically. The more Alana tries to soothe her, the more she panics. It has the feel of someone reliving some traumatic memory rather than someone who is simply sad.

Alana tries to take the girl's hands but the girl pulls away, screaming louder.

"Don't touch me! Don't touch me!" the girl cries out, still looking absolutely terrified. Alana, shocked by the child’s response, hesitates to respond. She’s confused and unsure of what to do.

Alana sits back, trying to figure out how to handle the situation. She looks into the girl's tear-stained eyes, feeling bad. She doesn’t want to cause any more distress but she is desperate to learn more about what the girl is experiencing. She decides to try a different approach.

Alana smiles gently as she stands up. "What's your name? Can you tell me your name?"

The girl shakes her head frantically. "No! No! No!" She shouts. "Don't take me back there!"

Alana is startled, she didn't expect such a strong reaction. "It's okay, you're safe." She says calmly. "No one is going to hurt you here. What's your name?"

The girl sobs harder, burying her face into her knees as she curls up into a ball. Alana is at a loss, frustrated that no matter what she says, the girl remains unresponsive. She sits back down, feeling hopeless.

After a few moments, she gathers herself and tries again. “It’s okay, it’s okay. You can trust me,” she says as she strokes her hair.

The girl suddenly looks up, her eyes filled with fear. “Don't hurt me, please ,No hurt no hurt"

"I won't hurt you," Alana says softly. "Can you tell me your name?"

The girl shakes her head, beginning to cry again. "I don't want to. I just want to go back!"

Alana looks concerned, but remains calm and gentle. "That's okay. It's alright. Do you know where you are?"

The girl shakes her head and curls into a ball again. Alana takes a deep breath, trying to think of a different tactic to get the girl to talk.

Alana leans in close, trying to offer some comfort. She strokes the girl's hair, trying to calm her down. She notices that she's shaking and hyperventilating.

With a soft voice, Alana asks the girl. "Can you tell me how old you are?"

The girl covers her ears, shaking her head and turning away. She's clearly very upset and can't seem to answer that question.