Part 4.1: The random skills

"Do return and wait at the starting line after you receive your skills, my comrades", Zero announced using his megaphone.

Everyone went their own way to find a nearby chest for themselves.

Curious and excited to find out the random skill that will pop up.

Seeing this, Zero smiled to himself.
"While you guys get your own chest, I will be waiting on the side".

He proceed to walk leisurely towards an area surrounded by trees, almost hiding him from view while giggling.

Naf saw this and he stopped for a while.

"What is he planning..", he mumbled.

Something feels off. Is Zero up to something?

"Eh, I'm sure its nothing"
Naf shrugged and was lazy to think more so he went back to a chest nearby.

The treasure chest revealed a medium sized cup of boba tea drink inside and Naf stared at it blankly.

What a good timing he thought, he was actually thirsty however this is the most useless weapon for a fight.

"Whatever, time to get creative", Naf sighed and grabbed it.

He then proceed to drink the boba tea and it felt refreshing.

....

The clouds seemed to fill the sky blocking the sunlight.

Feeling good that the weather is on his side,
Yasin closed his umbrella and put it away while standing in front of  a chest.

"This better be a useful skill. I really don't want to run with my own legs", he complained.

Not far from him, Maddie scoffed.

"Do you know how stupid that sound, Yasin? Its called running competition for a reason. How are you gonna win without running?"

"I really don't care about winning"

"Then why did you even joined?"

"The random skills intrigued me and I would like to experiment it's capabilities"

"I joined to beat you up for writing that fanfic about me and Gui"

"Maddie, did you forget? You were the one who won't shut up and begged to write it!"
Yasin spat.

They went back and forth for a while like nubs.

Yasin rolled his eyes and opened the chest.

Nothing was inside but he felt some energy flowing around him.

Upon his will, he is able to shape shift himself to an animal of his choice to boost his strength.

He decided to try and picked rabbit.

He can feel his legs getting stronger with additional speed boost.

Unfortunately, only half of his body turned into that of a rabbit while the rest remained the same.

"Tch, so it changes the body parts randomly too? There goes my dream of becoming a cute bunny waifu" Yasin was annoyed.

Maddie looked unimpressed at Yasin while letting out a hmp and opened the chest next to her.

Bright light covered her sight and something appeared out of thin air.

A certain blue hedgehog character nearly twice her size stood in front of her, bowing.

Sonic.

"OMG silly goober!" Maddie swoon in delight.

With unbelievable speed, Sonic carried Maddie away in bridal style towards the starting line.

"Ew" Yasin looked in disgust.

....

Jai was about to open a chest when Anne suddenly tapped her shoulder.

She turned to see Anne grinning from ear to ear.

"Hi Jai wanna team up and beat everyone else?"

"Wow thats an op idea but sadly there is only one winner"

"I really don't care as long as I get to beat up some nubs to a pulp. Im sad that we can't actually murder- I mean injured them but oh well! I'm gonna release some stress!"

Jai shooked her head at her words but agreed to team up.

This is a good opportunity.

Lets use Anne to her advantage and win the race.

Maybe this can convince everyone that Jai is op and finally make her mod in  their discord server.

Anne demonstrated her fighting skills acquired from the chest by punching and kicking a tree nearby.

The tree immediately crushed and turned into smithereens.

Jai looked impressed and asked in curiousity.

"What did you get?"

"Apparently spamming random Tekken characters' attack combos" Anne replied in excitement.

Jai gave a thumbs up and opened the chest.

"Hmmm" Jai hummed.

Jai faced a tree then punched and kicked the air.

Wind energy rapidly flowed out from her fists and legs towards the tree which destroyed it violently from a range.

Anne eyes sparkled at the sight. She exclaimed.

"What was that?! Wind???"

"I think I got Anemo vision from Genshin Impact and  Heizou's fighting skills"

"We'd make a good team" Anne said mischievously.

...
To be continued

(Time to slack and not write for 10 years)