Baby, I'm Yours (7)

"Baby, I'm yours
Baby, I'm yours
Baby, I'm yours
I need something more
I pray to the Lord
But, baby, I'm yours."

-V -

"Hi, you look like you need some company."

The velvety voice made him turn. A guy stood beside him, leaning on the bar. He had curly black hair, a sharp-set jaw, and the most spectacular pair of grey eyes Taehyung had ever seen.

"I am Rafael," he introduced himself, bringing his hand forward.

"Hi," Taehyung straightened with a shy smile, bringing his hand up. "I am Taehyung."

"What a beautiful name, perfect for a beautiful guy like you."

Taehyung pursed his lips. He did not completely understand, but it seemed like a compliment.

There was definitely going to be a language barrier here. "My--", Taehyung stuttered, "My English is um- no good." He put a thumbs down for an added explanation.

Rafael grinned, "No problem. Mine is not that great either." He then brought his hand up pointing to himself, "When I", then to his eyes and then to Taehyung, "Look at you", then back to his own heart, "My heart goes", he unfurled all his fingers.

Taehyung let out a sheepish grin, making the other laugh loudly.

Rafael motioned to the bartender for a repeat of his drink and the one Taehyung was holding. When it came, he slid the glass towards him. "This one's on me," he said with a gorgeous set of pearly whites.

Taehyung felt the blush creeping up his cheeks. The guy was pretty no doubt, he had curly black hair, styled in a messy fringe, and his golden brown skin glowed with the club lights.

Finishing his earlier drink, Taehyung picked up the one offered.

"Where are you from?" the guy asked.

"Korea," he answered. "South Korea," he cleared it up, taking a sip.

Rafael laughed. "That was my guess."

"And you?"

"My Papá is from Spain, and my mom is American."

Taehyung curled his mouth into an O and nodded.

"I came for a vacation before I moved to France for a job, I am a financial analyst, by the way, and you?"

Now, this was tricky. Taehyung mostly followed what he said. He did not have that much problem in understanding English rather than speaking it. But he could not tell them what he actually did. That would complicate things.

"I am a musician."

Yeah, that was vague enough.

"Wow really?" Rafael's eyes lit up. "That is so cool! Do you play? Or do you sing? Are you in a band? Or alone? Oh shit are you famous or something? Are you-- oh shit sorry, I didn't mean to barrage you with so many questions," he rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment. "I got really excited."

Taehyung smiled. "That's okay"

Slipping into easy conversation, they had almost finished their drinks. Even with the language barrier, Rafael was patient enough to understand what Taehyung was saying. He was quite the gentleman.

"So," Rafael put down his empty glass. "Would you like to dance with me Tay-hung?", he held out his hand.

That he understood perfectly.