𝟎𝟎𝟎 - 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭...

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘵

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘵...

Screams and the sound of objects being thrown around woke the young girl earlier than she needed to. This situation was common in her house ever since her father passed and her mother decided to remarry.

Aurora's step-father, Luís Serrano seemed like a decent man when you first meet him but as time goes by he shows his true colors. Unemployed, he makes his money by selling drugs, robbing, and doing anything his "boss" asks him to and he makes his only son, Andrés have the same lifestyle.
He never got along with Aurora or her brother, Miguel, and he never intended to but neither did the Ortiz siblings.

Knowing she couldn't fall back asleep she decided to get up and make her way to the living room. Shattered glass was scattered on the floor and her mother sat on the couch sobbing, seeing her mother that way always broke her heart.
Aurora was always a timid and quiet girl but not when it came to her loved ones. She knew that raising her voice to Luís would leave her with bruises just like the ones in her nose and eyes but she would do it for her mother.

"Get off the couch and clean the glass before someone gets hurt" his voice was loud and directed towards the fragile women. He hadn't seen Aurora yet, she stood still glaring at his back.

Raquel wiped her tears and slowly got up from the couch, she was getting ready to kneel but was stopped by her daughter's voice.
"Why don't you clean it yourself? You made this mess, so you clean it" Her voice was low and filled with anger.

Luís let out a laugh and slowly turned his body towards the girl. His knuckles were red from punching the walls, he hadn't punched her mother this time.
"Sweet Aurora is coming to the rescue! Oh, it must be nice to have someone who fights your battles for you Raquel. What type of mother lets her daughter get beat up for the wrong things she does" he spoke as he walked towards Aurora, standing face to face. A stupid laugh came from his mouth irritating Aurora.

"The only wrong thing my mother did was marry your pathetic ass" she spoke through gritted teeth. She knew exactly what was coming next and she was ready for it.
A hand found its way to her neck, squeezing it and pushing her toward the nearest wall knocking her breath out.

With his lips close to her right ear, his voice filled with hatred, "Next time you decide to be a smart ass you might not be so lucky. I can make you disappear and no one will care so be careful, sweetheart" he spoke letting go of her. He turned his back towards the two women, making his way to the front door and leaving without another word.

Not if she made him disappear first.

***

Las Encinas, a bilingual international secondary school that educates the children of generally wealthy and upper-class families, is far from Aurora's reality.
She was one of the fortunate students to gain a scholarship after the roof of her old school, San Estebán, collapsed.

Standing on the stairs of the main entrance, Aurora's eyes wandered around noticing every detail of the school and the students. Even though she was wearing the same uniform everyone knew she didn't belong and they made it noticeable.

"Nice to see that you're alive, would also be nice if you answered my calls" She smiled at the sound of his voice, Samuel Garcia, also known as Aurora's best friend.
They've known each other since first grade and have been inseparable ever since.

"I have a good reason why I didn't answer your calls" she spoke earning a weird look from him. "I didn't feel like dealing with your annoying self so early in the morning" She tried to keep a straight face but failed miserably.
They both started laughing while hugging each other getting a weird look from the girl standing next to Samuel, Nadia Shaana.

A whistle broke them from the hug, Christian was walking their way.
"What's up, man?" Samuel asked while they hugged.

"Hello beautiful, how are you?" he asked Aurora lifting her from the ground, getting some weird looks.

She lightly laughed while he spun her around, "Christian put me down", she didn't like all the attention they were getting.

"Fine I'll put you down, we don't want them to think that this beautiful girl is taken, right Samu?" he said putting his arm around the boy's shoulders.

"What about you, the girls can't think you're taken either" she gave him a wink, she knew he wasn't here to study but to make contacts... with girls more specifically.

Now wrapping his arm around her he gently pushed her forward, "Let's take a walk around?" he asked turning his head to the others.

"Get ready for the weird looks because they're coming our way" She looked at her friends as they all stepped inside.

This wasn't going to be easy but they just had to get used to it.