Grandma

Y/N x NATASHA
SAD, FLUFF, LOSS.

Y/N's POV:
Date: 17th October 2073

"Hey Grammy, can you tell me a story?" My granddaughter said as she crawled onto my lap.
"Hmm.. let me think." I said, looking at my daughter sat across from me. She smiled, she knew what today was and she had bought my wonderful grandchild with her to support me.

I grabbed the corner of the blanket and threw it over her as she snuggled into me. I kissed the top of her head and she looked up at me with huge glowing eyes. "I've got one." i said in a whispered tone filled with excitement and wonder to match the glare she was giving me.

She wiggled a little in my lap from excitement, her elbows hitting my rib cage but i didn't mind because she was just so cute!

"It all starts with this girl..."
The little girl cycled along the road headed for the small park near her family home in Ohio. She got off her bike and began to venture into the undergrowth, hunting for her little sister. She knew one sure way to find her, so pursed her lips and whistled two notes into the space.

With that i impersonated the whistle, making my grandchild giggle.

A response echoed back in no time at all, making the young girl smile as she followed the sound to approach her little sister. They proceeded to play in the park until her sister got hurt and ran to her mum who was watching in the distance.

The young girl explained what happened and the mum scooped up the sister, kissing her knee where she had scraped it, explaining that they should head back home and find one of the colourful plasters they have there.

The happy family proceeded back to the house, where their father awaited, telling them they needed to leave. The family would never be whole again in their Ohio house.

"Grammy this is a really sad story." The young girl on my lap sniffled, wiping her nose with her sleeve.
"It has a happy ending my love, just you wait and see." I assured her, looking up to her mother who had heard this story many times. She nodded in agreement, encouraging me to continue.

The young girl later grew up to be one of the original 6 Avengers and fought crime with her 5 best friends who, as she got to know them better, also became her family. They fought aliens from space, robots and each other, but they always came back to one another in the end.

I smiled at the memories and gazed off slightly.
"What happened next?!" the young girl on my knee, now excited, encouraged me.

"Well.."
The young girl, who had now become one of the most infamous women in the world, met another woman. She was confused and angry at herself a lot, but the love she had for this woman grew and grew in the time they had with one another.

Finally, one day, the young woman asked the other woman to marry her, which she happily agreed to. They had a wonderful wedding, filled with joy and laughter.

"This sounds like Gran!!" the girl on my lap started to pick up. I chuckled at the observation and my daughter stood up.
"Shall i get the album mom?" she asked. I nodded and the little girl on my lap wiggled excitedly again.
"It's time you get to see the pictures!" i explained.

My daughter came back with a black photo album that had a small red hourglass printed on the front. I opened the book to the first page where our wedding pictures started. i pointed them out to the girl on my lap who smiled excitedly.

"Now be very careful, these are all the pictures i have left, Gran didn't like being photographed, it was kind of her thing!" I giggled at the memory.

(thank you AI for this, imagine yourself)

I reached the last page and then stopped. This was her part of the book where she kept her childhood photos and our grandchild was definitely not old enough to see them as they were the photos made for Ohio.

I sighed and shut the book.
"Now, let's continue the story yes?" Luckily the young girl on my lap didn't ask many questions and allowed me to continue.

The women were happy, even going on an adventure together to find the original Ohio family, discovering them all, and building up the young woman's past and family unit once again. She finally felt whole.

"The End!" I smiled, stopping the tears before they fell. The young girl on my lap smiled and cuddled into me.
"I love you Grammy, thank you!" After a few minutes she drifted off to sleep.

I looked up at my daughter and smiled, a small tear coming from my cheek.

"Those 5 years without you and them must of been so hard Mom." She sighed, her eyes not leaving mine.
"I bet. I just wish i knew and could have said goodbye..." I trailed off.

I also wish i could have told Natasha i was pregnant before i disappeared for 5 years, then she would have known that she had something to live for, something to see. I love Clint with my heart, and he didn't know that i was pregnant when i blipped, it's not his fault.

"I just wish Mam could have seen how wonderful you grew up to be." i smiled at our daughter.
"I'm sure she's with you every step of the way Mom, i love you, she loved you." my daughter assured me.
"She would have loved you my love."

A bittersweet smile sunk in as i looked at the date once again.
October 17th 2073.