Chapter Fourteen

Elena's POV

Waking up next to Pedri again feels like a dream. However, when I do, he's still fast asleep and I notice how early it is. But I'm hungry. And thirsty. So I leave the bed, trying not to wake him up, and I make my way to the kitchen.

When I'm getting closer, I hear a noise coming from it and I panic. I've heard about so many footballers being robbed in their own houses. Should I wake Pedri up? Call the police?

But before I have time to do any of those things, a man gets out of the kitchen and stares at me while I stare at him.

"Who are you?", he asks.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?"

"I live here. And I'm guessing you are here because of my brother, hence the outfit".

I look down and notice I'm just wearing his shirt, so I try to pull the hem down a bit to cover my legs more. "Yeah, are you Pedri's brother?"

"That'd be me. And you are...".

"Elena. I'm...Pedri's umm...girlfriend?"

His eyes go wide and then he laughs. "You don't seem too sure about that".

"No, I am. It just...it's very new. As in, we just got together yesterday".

"Ok?", his amused look makes me want to hide. This is so embarrassing. "Welcome to the family then".

"Thanks. I wish we could have met in a different way".

"I came back before I was supposed to so it was partly my fault. Do you want me to make you some breakfast? I now get why there was such a mess in the kitchen. My brother's cooking", he says, making air quotations with his fingers.

"Hey! He's great at putting frozen food in the oven".

"One of the best", he laughs. And I follow Fer to the kitchen to try his cooking. It's just breakfast but it doesn't disappoint.

Pedri's POV

I stretch my arm when I wake up, eyes still closed, expecting Elena to be next to me but...she's gone?

I sit up quickly and her bag is still here in my room but where is she? Not in the bathroom, since the door is open. Maybe she was hungry or something.

When I get closer to the kitchen, I hear laughs. And it isn't just Elena's laugh I hear.

"Fer? You're back?"

"I am. Sorry to interrupt your little romantic moment", he says, looking at Elena, who bites her lip and looks down.

"It's fine".

I don't know what to do and he notices it. "You can come closer and even say hi to your girlfriend, you know?"

"I wanted to tell you about this before you met", I say, sitting next to Elena and holding her hand. "But there was no time".

"We're good. Just happy I can finally stop denying dating rumours online".

Elena laughs and I just sigh. There will still be rumours but I will care even less than usual.

"Anyway", says Fer, getting up. "I'll leave you two alone. You can heat up the food for your breakfast, little bro".

"Thanks".

When Fer is out of the kitchen, Elena places her head on my shoulder and I turn to look at her. "That was a bit embarrassing but he was really nice to me".

"I knew he would be", I tell her sincerely, kissing her head. "What do you want to do today? Our match is a late kick off".

"I brought clothes to get changed and my work stuff so we could maybe spend the day together before we leave?"