Day 17 ||| Comfort

Au - A Bird With Broken Wings
(Guess who's back? Back again? Birdies back! With some friends! :))

Context - Red finds the note and the crystal and is thankful... until he realizes that the bird boy is still injured and that he need to get him back to a house. So he runs over to Orange and gets him to help catch the creature that fell into this world.... And now into a ravine.
Also bird boy can't really read or write English, Galactic is in fact his main language.

———————————————————————————

Red POV

     I hear a commotion going on right outside my house and I run over and open my front door. I am very confused by how the sound seems to have no source and I start to walk outside my house to find the source of the sound. That's when I trip on something.

     "What the?" Looking down at the Red Crystal that I just tripped on I swiftly pick it up. I am so confused, this has been missing for weeks. How did it even get here like—... is that a note? I pick up the note and start to read it.

     "Hello strange red hunter man, I cough another red person stealing a part of your hoard from you. So like the kind persons I am I returned your shiny to you. Your welcome and no needs to thank my or repay me. P.S. Lock your doors next time if your going to try and catch something, don't use soft and easily terrible material fro restricts, and don't put your hostages in your nest. Your welcome I decided to give you hunt tips. -Sincerely ᓭᔑʖ∷ᒷ"

     ......... Ok whoever wrote this needs some serious grammar and spelling lessons. Wait hostage? OH MY ORIGIN THE BIRD PERSON THAT FELL OUT OF THE PORTAL WROTE THIS! He needs some serious grammar and spelling lessons though.

     That's beside the point right now. He shouldn't be running around with the amount of serious injuries. But how am I supposed to catch some tiny and probably enraged bird? I'm not creative enough for this! Wait, creative?

     ... ORANGE STEVE!

Omnipresent POV

     Red had grabbed Orange from his front garden and told him that they were going bird searching for a bird that he was nursing back to health. Orange was really confused on why Red wanted to teach the bird proper English, grammar, and spelling but didn't want to question his friend's weird hobby. Especially when his friend is in this much distress.

     They wandered around for a bit before they found a blood trail that they followed until the abrupt stop of the trail at the mouth of a ravine. They looked at each other terrified and worried for the poor creature. Before carefully climbing down into the ravine that was a raging river at the bottom that led into a cave.

     They clung on tight to the sides of the cave as they walked alongside the powerful underground river. Picking up the pace to a full sprint when they saw the glow of lava at the end of the river.

     They looked around to try and find any signs that the bird made it until Red heard odd noises coming from a hole that couldn't be bigger than one foot tall and three feet wide. Red got down on his knees, which confused Orange, and looked into the little hole in the wall.

     And surely enough there was the tiny bird boy in there that was asleep and shaking from the icy water he was just in. Red carefully picked up the tiny slumbering being and held him bridal style and got ready to leave the cave with him. When a very confused and worried Orange looked him in the eye dumbfounded.

     "You said it was a bird!" Orange spouted out to which Red quickly responded with, "It's technically a bird!" Orange looked at his friend like he was the color of stupidity instead of wisdom. "I thought you meant a pet! NOT A WHOLE PERSON!—" "Shhhh he's sleeping." Orange quieted down and calmed down. "Sorry..., but where did he come from?"

     On their way back out of the ravine Red told Orange how this is the savior that came from the portal. And they both decided that it would be best if they made a separate area for the birdy to live in. So they went over to Orange's house and Orange ran off for like a minute and came back over to Red to show him the way to the Rainbow Hub.

     The Rainbow Hub was beautiful. It had a portal linked to all seven colors, a huge statue, and a good sized house in the back that's big enough to fit five people in there. Red still holding the birdy followed Orange inside to the big bathroom. The birdy was getting a bath.

Sabre POV

     Ugg why is my mind so foggy, I expect pain not all this fogginess. This feels like I'm laying on a cotton ball cloud with limbs of lead. I'm not really sure what's happening but it feels like someone is massaging my head. My mind goes even foggier as someone starts to clean and preen my wings. My head is so muddled with cotton and soft blankets that I don't even realize I have been taken out of the bath and put into nice soft pajamas until I catch my reflection in the mirror. I'm being carried around like a small child, but I can't help but to lean into the soft comforting embrace.

     My mind doesn't even register anything around me anymore aside from how comfortable and clean I am now and that I've been moved to a bed. And how I'm sleeping in a nice soft nest surrounded by my first ever flock.