Arisen my Senses

Due to the oncoming arrival of Jonathan, the house was abuzz for several nights. With some chiding from Caesar, Joseph had gotten to work (as had everyone else) and the house was soon looking spotless. Joseph would vacuum every surface once they were done using it, whilst Caesar meanwhile just floated overhead, reading an incorporeal book and smoking an incorporeal cigarette.
"Why don't you help out?" Jotaro grunted as Kakyoin stood on his sturdy shoulders to dust the top of the bookshelves.
"Because I'm incorporeal, I'd just waft through anything I try to touch. I'll stay up here and offer moral support." The ghost jibed back. Caesar was selectively corporeal- he'd become solid in order to go to bed or try on a new designer jacket, but he'd totally forget this ability when faced with chores, and turn as insubstantial as a bubble.

After several long nights of cleaning, the smell of windex and lemon pledge burning hi enhanced sense of smell, Polnareff was glad to go to bed. After all, tomorrow was his anniversary with Avdol, and he had something special planned. Stepping out of the shower whilst wearing both but a towel around his waist, he paused to admire his beloved. Avdol sat up in the coffin/bed, reading a copy of Breaking Dawn (he'd been working his way through the Twilight Saga for the past few weeks.)
"Hey Mo-mo...." Polnareff purred, turning on his vampiric charm. "How about you put that book down and I show you what a real vampire can do for his lovers? I can't sparkle, but I can do all kinds of things to you..."
Avdol and Polnareff's relationship was romantic, yet not sexual. Avdol had stated on their first night sharing a bed that he had no sex drive as a mummy, and not only that, it would be absolutely wrong for them to copulate as he was a reanimated corpse. Despite this, they still bonded in other ways- such as with Polnareff's psychic abilities. What with Avdol being a psychic and Polnareff having slight psychic powers, they would bond by tapping into one another's emotions via their powers.
"Are you ready, Momo?"
"I'm ready, Jean Pierre."

The two of them extended their hands and pressed their index and middle fingers onto one another's temples. Avdol let his mind go blank- then he closed his eyes, and sent out a spark of psychic power. With his eyes closed, Polnareff saw Avdol in his mind's eye- a figure made of little glowing red lengths of magic. Polnareff sparked back, and Avdol saw him as a collection of fine, glowing silver threads, with a deep, dark red blob at the core- his vampirism. They sent bursts of magic back and forth, feeling their love for one another forming a feedback loop, magnifying and magnifying until there was a huge, final burst of overwhelming affection, and the two of them fell apart.
"Oh, that was good, Mon Momie. Humans don't know what they're missing out on." Polnareff sighed happily, lying in a big cuddly heap. As they embraced, something tugged on Polnareff's mind. When they tapped into psychic energy, they saw traces of every psychic in the area. Usually it was just them, but there was another this time- faint, cornflower blue, and approaching from the East. What could it mean?
"It's the greatest thing I've ever felt. I'd cry, but I'm too preserved to do so." Avdol replied, tucking his locs up into a silk bonnet. If you were to apply modern terminology, Avdol would probably be described as Asexual/Gay Demiromantic, yet the mummy thought of his sexuality in one way and one way alone- a man who loves Polnareff with all his ancient soul and mummified heart, and who had no need for sunlight as true beauty was what he saw in his lover's eyes as he smiled.
Meanwhile, Polnareff was bi. Simple as.

The day passed, night came, and Polnareff woke up on the night of his anniversary. He looked to the side, to see that Avdol wasn't there- just a copy of Breaking Dawn.
"Where is he?" Polnareff muttered. He opened the coffin lid, just as Avdol walked into the bedroom carrying a tray. There were a stack of pancakes on it, with a bright red syrup, and the mummy was covered in flour and pancake batter.
"I thought I'd make you breakfast in bed. I've never cooked pancakes before, but Caesar was there to offer emotional support."
"Oh, baby, it's perfect!" Polnareff grinned, honoured that his lover would go and cook for him. Avdol produced two forks, and they shared the batter cakes in companionable silence.
"Is there blood in these?" Polnareff asked.
"It can be used as a substitute for eggs, and it suits your dietary requirements." Avdol replied.
"Dietary requirements? You make me sound like a vegan. Still, I don't feed from humans because it's cruel, so I guess I'm some sort of vampire vegetarian."
"Do you rise from the grave to suck tofu?" The mummy jibed, and Polnareff almost choked on his pancakes from laughing too hard.

After breakfast and their evening routines, Polnareff turned to his lover.
"I was wondering, since the drugstore's open late, do you want to go and get some ice cream?" Polnareff suggested. "It'll be our human food quota for the day filled, but it sounds cute to me."
"You read my mind, habibi." Avdol replied.
"Want a piggyback?" Polnareff suggested. Avdol got onto his broad back (the mummy only weighed about 35kg due to being so dried out), pulled on his veil, and the two of them headed off. Polnareff ran with inhuman speed through the forest, swerving between trees so fast that he'd have appeared as a blur to humans. They reached the border of the forest, stopped, and continued at a normal pace into town. The two of them walked into the drugstore, and Polnareff gave a gasp.
He'd had an alert of psychic proximity! There was a cornflower blue flash of psychic energy, which was coming from the counter- where a blonde woman in a pale blue sweater dress and white ski boots waited.

After five days of driving and several dubious petrol station sandwiches, Speedwagon and Erina had finally arrived in Windknight's Lot. They'd parked in the RV park near the pumpkin patch, and to celebrate their arrival at the spooky little down, they'd gone out for ice cream. Speedwagon was getting a LOT of stares- it wasn't every day in the sleepy little lumber town that a Cockney punk with ripped clothes and a whole pride parade's worth of LGBTQ pin badges walked into the drugstore and ordered ice cream. Erina's more demure appearance didn't garner as much attention, yet her psychic abilities were sparkling. There was something in the forest- seven paranormal creatures, all within close proximity to one another. Two even appeared to be psychic, so she kept her powers on the down-low to avoid confrontation. However, JUST as she'd ordered a cone of vanilla ice cream, her psychic ability gave a ping in her mind, like that of a car's motion sensor approaching a wall. Erina turned, to fix eyes with a pale Frenchman with silver hair, and his mysterious robed companion who'd just invited the other man into the building.

The three psychics stared each other down, each one thinking "surely they don't know about my powers!" Then, Erina cleared her throat, and extended a hand in greeting.
"Good evening! I'm Erina, and that's my friend Robert. We're new in town, because we're, erm... Journalists. How do you do?"
"The name's Polnareff, but call me Jean Pierre." Polnareff said, kissing Erina's hand. His lips were icy cold, and she internally shuddered.
"And I'm Avdol." The other man said, trying not to make eye contact.
"Oh, well, I'll see you around. This place is tiny, so we're bound to bump into one another anyway." Erina smiled, taking her vanilla cone and Speedwagon's peanut butter cone. Handing the ice cream over to the punk, he looked around the room, and said in a conspiratorial whisper.
"Are they monsters?"
"I don't know. But they're definitely psychically inclined. Let's be careful, Robert, because there's really no way of telling."
A wickedly cold wind swept through the town, as if it was a harbinger of who was to come in a few day's time.