Chapter 8 : Don't!

Y/N's POV

"Y-You never said you could appear human-sized," I said, feeling my cheeks heat up for some reason as I looked up at Felix. It felt very different to see him up close like this. His elvish-type green clothes had expanded with him, and so had the green hat he wore today. His wings sparkled brighter than any of the gems I had seen in the palace yet. "I don't usually like to," he said, letting go of my waist and scratching his neck, "It's hard to be discrete like this. Too big and noisy for my liking." His wings fluttered as he said this and his eyes widened as we both heard footsteps walking towards us. He pressed a finger on his lips in a 'Shh' motion and disappeared in a cloud of green glitter. I looked at the only side from where the person would show up to my right, my eyes narrowed. I wasn't totally surprised to see who it was. He came right up to me and hugged me tightly. I sighed, "Han Jisung..." "I'm sorry I'm late," he said, "Something came up." He pulled away to look at my face worriedly. "Are you all right?" he asked. I frowned and said, "You didn't seem too worried at the town hall." "I'm sorry," he said, "But I thought it was a part of our agreement... You seem to have forgotten everything about it." "Agreement...?" I murmured.

"We shouldn't let others know that we are close... We can only continue to see each other if you agree to that one term, Jisung," I said. "Anything, my princess," said Jisung. "That..." I said, as another piece of memory came floating to me. "Anyway I'm glad to see that you are all right," he said, his eyes softening, "I was scared..." He locked his eyes in mine and I felt that weird warm feeling consume me. I felt good that he was worried about me, that he was holding onto me like this. He probably sensed my emotions as he leaned in slowly, his lips gently but surely meeting mine. The feeling faded as quickly as it had appeared and I gripped his arm, pulling away from him, breathing heavily. "There you go again..." he said softly, "Trying to push me away..." He caressed my cheek and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear, his deep eyes gazing intently into mine. Some part of me wanted to kiss him again but I cleared my throat and stepped back. "Don't!" I said, my voice wavering as his eyes never left mine, "I-I wish you would stop doing this to me." "Does it bother you that much?" he asked, stepping closer while I walked back until I hit the bookshelf behind. "Hey!" I said, nervously, "Stop. Right now." "But I'm not even doing anything," he said, trapping me between his arms. I felt uneasy but my heart was thumping loudly and I was afraid it would go his way again. But I didn't want to give in to him because it wasn't right. He might've been the princess's lover but I'm not her! He should've realized this if he loved her... He looked as though he was searching for something on my face.

~Flashback~

"Your Highness, are you really sure it's safe to meet here like this?" Jisung asked, looking around nervously. "Why? Does it bother you that much?" I asked, grinning and stepping closer to him. "My lady!" he exclaimed, blushing and stepping back, looking around more wildly. We were behind the palace, in one of the huge palace gardens so I didn't see why he was worried. "You're so cute sometimes," I said, taking more steps towards him and laughing when he walked right back until he was pressed against the wall of the palace. "Ahhh! Why are you doing this really?!" he whined. "I'm not even doing anything!" I said, trapping him between my arms and the walls and watching his reaction in delight. "You-you said you would stop seeing me if anyone found out!" he said. "Mm-hm," I said, focusing on his pouty lips, "Maybe." "Then you shouldn't be doing this here," he said. I chuckled and pecked his lips before saying, "I don't know, Ji. It's sooo worth it to see you looking like this. Also, I don't think I'll be able to let you go even if someone found out." His eyes widened and I laughed again before flicking his forehead and adding, "So don't think too much about it! Just focus on me when we're together."

~Flashback ends~

"You are trying to make me remember," I said, quietly. He rested his forehead against mine and said, softly, "I'm glad you figured out because this is getting difficult... Please, my lady. You must remember." "I'm sorry," I said, because that was the only thing I could do for him- be sorry. I can't straight up tell him I'm someone else. I have a feeling he wouldn't believe it in the first place. And even if he does, what then...? Would he be willing to back off? "My lady... I know it is too much to ask for but... Can we... Break the argument?" he asked, "I don't want to hide this anymore. I want to stand by your side rightfully and support you." "Don't," I said, bitterly, "Jisung... I don't know what you are thinking, but I believe the best thing you can do if you care about me is to keep this a secret. I need to figure out a lot of things." "Not that silly thought about catching the culprit," said Jisung, in a disappointed tone. I pushed him away and glared at him. "It might be silly for you, since you're safe and sound, Han Jisung," I said, "I got attacked yesterday and my knights got hurt! I cannot just stay put in a situation like this!" "It will only bring more danger upon you if you try to find out more!" he argued, "If you don't love me anymore, that's fine! Just marry Prince Hyunjin and disappear from this country if you must!" "I do not like Prince Hyunjin!" I argued, getting annoyed with his conclusions, "And I am not leaving this country no matter what! At least until I find out the culprit!"