chapter 1||first impressions suck.

𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐄𝐑𝐀, 𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍.

𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑
𝟏𝟖𝟔𝟕

𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡

𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄
𝟏𝟏:𝟑𝟒 𝐏𝐌.

It was foggy and cold out as the moon shined down a faint glow upon the lonely woods. No sign of life was there except him and him alone. The hollers and yelling of the bell man making his way through town, loud yet in the forest the sounds were faint.

He walked alone through the dead forest near his town, speaking vows to prepare for the wedding that he was to have with the sweet blonde woman.

"You know this really shouldn't be so difficult.. It's just a vow, simple vows..!" Joseph sighed.

"With this.. With this hand I will take your wine.. No.." Joseph groaned. He walked deeper into the woods with his head hung low. "With this hand! I cut your-" he stopped himself. "Oh goodness no.." He rubbed his temples in slight irritation.

"With this.. With this.." He thought for a moment, before spotting a log with a branch in a shape similar to a candle. "With this candle, I will.. I will.." He paused, getting even more frustrated with himself. "I won't set your mother on fire.." He put a hand to his face and closed his eyes and sat back onto a log. "Oh it's no use.." He said to himself quietly, reaching into his suit and pulling out a ring and a flower.

He looked at the flower and smelled it, taking in its lovely and heavenly smell. Just then, the perfect vows came to him. He stood from his spot in confidence. "With this hand, I will lift your sorrows.." He began.

"Your cup will never be empty, for I, will be your wine.." He flipped the ring in the air and caught it as it came back down. He looked towards a dead tree. "Ah Mrs Q!" He walked towards it and held the branch. "You look ravishing this evening.."

He left the tree and went over to a different one. "What's that Mr Q? Call you dad?" He patted the tree. "If you insist sir.."

He moved away from the tree. "With this candle.." He continued while breaking off a piece of a branch. "I will light your way in darkness.." He said then held out the ring he had. "With this ring!" Moved to what he had thought was a mere branch shaped as a hand slid the ring onto the finger. "I ask you, to be mine.." He spoke those words with confidence.

Right after, the wind seemed to pick up, the calm breeze now turning rough and loud. Blowing the last of the leaves off of the dead trees, and making the crows caw loudly. He looked around in confusion before letting out a loud yelp when he felt his wrist being grabbed and pulled into the ground, the grip was strong, but luckily he was able to pull back.. Bringing along a skeletal arm with him, the hand was wearing the ring.

He rapidly shook off the arm. He turned his head towards the same spot and then noticed the ground starting to crumble.

Watching as a skeletal being rose from the dirt and snow, the tattered and worn out wedding dressing flowing through the wind ever so softly. The figure raised their remaining arm to lift their veil to uncover it's face. The figure spoke in a hushed and soft tone, as if they hadn't spoken in years. "I do.."

Josephs breath hitched. Staring at the figure of what he saw as a woman, except her skin had been rotting off of her very bones, he wondered how she could stand in her condition. Although that thought quickly passed as he got up to his feet, making a run for it. "NIGERUNDAYOOOOO!!"

The figure started to walk, running after him, picking up her arm in the process and placing it back on.

As Joseph ran he eventually tumbled down a small cliff, hitting his head hard on a nearby grave stone. He grunted and held his head in pain. Joseph turned his head back towards the figure, seeing her stand there looking down at him. The glow of the moon making the figure look rather mythical if not beautiful.

Joseph snapped out of it and quickly stood up again, running away once again. He ran into a frozen lake, stumbling on the ice. trying to keep himself from tumbling down, and luckily managing to cross without falling over.

Now running through the forest once again, looking behind him to see if the figure was still chasing him. Due to him not looking where he was going, he ran into a tree. "Curse this wretched forest!" He yelped out in pain, holding his face in discomfort. Although his vision was a bit blurry, he could see the familiar blur of blue and dirty white of the figures dress and skin.

He slightly jumped and accidentally ran into the same tree, before finally running past it. He saw the end of the forest and the town he lived within, in the distance. He ran faster, breaking the branches that seemed to try and grab him and hold him back.

Once out of the forest he finally reached the bridge that led to town, the crows flew above his head cawing loudly, the sounds of their wings and caws echoing through the dark gloomy night.

he turned around and saw the figure no where in sight. The sounds of his heavy breathing and the soft splashes of the narrow river below the bridge, as well as the occasional sweet chirping of crickets were heard.

Joseph's breathing calmed down, believing that he was safe, maybe he was seeing things..

He finally calmed down and sighed in relief. But at that very moment he felt a cold hand touch his shoulder, the boney fingers resting on his shoulder made him jump and turn around, now face to face with the corpse like woman. The wind picked up and it seemed like the world stopped. The fear in his body overwhelming.. Just staring into the eyes of the woman..

Joseph got cornered as she stepped closer, her steps stiff and slow. The calm expression on her face never seeming to change. He gasped as she reached her hands up, her veil blowing through the wind behind her as the crow's circled around them. She gently placed her cold boney hands on his shoulders. Finally speaking, with her raspy, yet angelic voice as she leaned closer.

"You may kiss the bride.."

-----------------------------------

Thank you, for reading this chapter. Took me a while to write due to my ADHD. Again, this book will either have slow updates or decently fast updates.

WORDS: 1121