Chapter 7

"Lainey, you need to shut the hell up!" I yell, banging on her bedroom door in my pj's. She's been having very loud sex in there for a long time and that's not particularly something me or Lilah want to hear. The noises stop, and after a moment the door opens. Lainey stands there, covered with nothing but a thin blanket.

"Can you guys just go to the Harper's tonight?" She asks with attitude. "No. And that's not even the point, dude. You're almost twenty one, get a better job and move out!" I almost yell. She rolls her eyes, slamming the door in my face as she mumbles, "we'll keep it down."

I roll my eyes as well, lazily turning around to head back to bed. Softly shutting my bedroom door behind me, I let the room become almost completely dark. The only light guiding me to my bed is moonlight shining through my window. I flop back into bed, pulling the comforter over me and my vanilla scented teddy into my chest.

BUZZZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZZZ

My sleep is rudely disturbed by my phone ringing from my nightstand. I lean over, picking up and answering it without looking at who it is. "Hello." I mumble. "Hey, Love." Sadie says through the cell. "Hey, what's up? It's like two in the morning, are you okay?" I ask, glancing at the time.

"Uhm, so I've been looking around my dad's office for the past half hour." Sadie says, sounding uneasy. I sit up in bed, listening closely to my friend. "I listened to the recording of the guy that died today. He told my dad some monster was haunting him and it killed his kids." Sadie tells me.

"Oh, wow. Okay?" I say in a confused tone, not sure where this was going. "Sawyer has been telling me she's seeing something. We talked about it to our therapist. She thinks she's seeing a moster in the dark." Sadie continues talking. "So, you think the thing that killed his kids, is haunting Sawyer?" I ask. "I guess, I don't know. I found his address and everything in the paperwork so I'm going to ask Bethany to drive me there tomorrow."

"I'll go with you." I tell her quickly. "Are you sure? You don't have to." Sadie also hesitantly. "Yes. I'm coming with you." I laugh. "Okay," She laughs back, "Anyways, sorry I woke you up, I'll let you get back to sleep." I smile to myself, "Yeah, alright. Goodnight, Sadie. Don't get eaten by the scary monster."