𝙱𝚞𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝

WARNING : THESE SERIES WILL CONTAIN HARSH LANGUAGE, BLOOD, GORE, MENTIONING OF DISORDERS, ILLNESSES, UNCOMFORTABLE SCENES, DISTURBING TOPICS, VIOLENCE, ANGST, DEATH ETC.

FOR THOSE, WHO CAN'T STAND THESE THINGS, PLEASE, LEAVE!

BY READING THE WARNINGS AND CONTINUING TO READ UNDERNEATH THEM, YOU'RE AWARE OF THE BOOK'S CONTENT!

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TRIGGERS YOU MAY RECEIVE!

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!
_______________________________________

Recently, the Shadow Decree had been a hellhole for almost everybody in the organization.

One fuck-up during a mission against the Esper Union activated the butterfly effect and since then walking around anybody felt like stepping on eggshells.

A hollow shell of a once powerful force.

These days it was barely standing on its feet as the atmosphere around was thickening enough to be cut with a knife.

A hurricane of the deadly sin, wrath, suffocating the minds of the members and destroying whatever common sense was left in them.

Little by little the Shadow Decree was breaking apart and getting smaller and smaller each day.

Bai Liuli herself left the organization as it was all getting too much for her to handle.

Soon followed her Jacob and Lynn.

Then Uday, Ophelia and Djoser.

Jeanne was considering quitting too. Hall wasn't far behind on this too...

...But for now the long-haired man was staying in the  for the sake of one Esper in particular.

A sniper, that considered Hall as his own brother. The hitman couldn't lose another person, that he cared about. Not anymore.

The halls of the base were becoming emptier and more suffocating with time passing. It was like the plague swarmed in and took away the majority of life in the building.

Then the pillagers' situation was in the spotlight.

An absolute shitshow of a spotlight.

Jing Yuyao and Mateo had been at each other's throats for the past 2 weeks. Chairs, desks and other objects were being thrown around like boomerangs in their fits of rage.

Not even the incubators from the lab were safe from both of them.

Sander stayed in his office most of the time as to avoid the absolute clusterfuck happening outside. But even his office walls couldn't mute the entire power of the huge chaos in the base.

Cecilia was slowly starting to lose her sanity as well. Or whatever was left of it.

The researchers were arguing day and night, never shutting up once for even a second.

Anesidora and Kara did have a history of hating each other on a personal level, but that was turning into a fatal pit of vipers. Nicole couldn't concentrate on her research for dear life and was lashing out at anybody, who tried to talk with her.

Hyde and Embla weren't any better as a few days ago somebody tried to pick up a fight with Embla herself.

...It was easy to guess how that ended...

Even Freddy wasn't like himself. Silent and not flexing his looks. A fog of dread and sadness washed over his face, instead of getting loud and violent like usual. An absolute 180° turn.

The whole situation was pathetic to look at.

And it was to see, that the whole situation became an uncontrollable wildfire. It couldn't be tamed at all.