Chapter 16: The Day The World Went Black

Kajol could see the golden shine of the sun through her closed eyelids. She hated the fact that it was morning and time to get up and move with the day. She turned from the direction of the floor-length glass window walls of the yacht with her eyes closed hoping to get a few more minutes of rest. Her night was too active, too real, too emotionally involved. The woman definitely deserved to sleep just a little while longer. She reached her hand out to feel for Shah Rukh next to her, but the sheets just went on for miles. 'No, He couldn't have left me. He promised.' Kajol thought to herself as she finally let her eyes open with the determination to see Shah Rukh by her side.

She woke up again alone. To nothing and no one.

"I can't believe him." Kajol cried quietly as she positioned herself to sit up fully in the empty bed. She allowed herself a moment to pull back together. When she felt ready, she took a deep breath before hopping out of the bed. Kajol wanted nothing more than to get off the damn yacht. Last night must have seemed to be all a joke for him. Didn't he know it meant everything to her?

Leaving the bedroom she made her way to the lounge area where she knew she left her dress the evening before. As she sat back on the couch memories flashed through her mind of the evening before. A chill went up her spine remembering Shah Rukh's finger tracing up her back. 'Snap out of it woman.' Kajol thought to herself as she slipped her dress back on. She tried her best to pull the zip up by herself but couldn't completely.

"Damn it." Kajol cursed letting out a sigh of frustration. She was startled when she felt a hand rest on her shoulder. Her breath caught in her throat as Shah Rukh turned her around to face him.

"Of course, the time I leave to go out on the deck for a quick smoke you wake up." Shah Rukh sighed disappointed in himself that Kajol woke up alone again. He would have been distraught if she had managed to leave without him knowing. It would have been another huge misunderstanding all over again. Neither of them needed to cycle through again.

Kajol urgently wrapped her arms around the man to his delight he pulled her in closer. As they separated they felt comfort as always looking into each other's eyes. Shah Rukh used his thumb to wipe away loose tears that fell from her cheeks. His heart hurt to see her potential hurt by him. The man was now imagining what it had to be like for her to wake up alone for the first time. He hated the thought of it. He hated himself for not being there as he should have been.

"Thank you for still being here." Kajol meant sincerely. Shah Rukh placed small kisses around her face causing her to smile widely. She's never been doted on in such a way. She loved it.

"Come. I'll make you some breakfast." He held onto her hand as he guided her into the kitchen. He pulled out a chair for her to sit on the island for a front-row seat to his cooking show. Shah Rukh had gotten up early to go out and make sure she had something to eat in the morning before they parted ways. On the kitchen counter he had a spread of breakfast foods just waiting to be cooked...Or burnt by him.

"You're making ME breakfast? When did you even go get all this stuff it's only 7 AM?" Kajol squealed with laughter at the sweet gesture.

"I'm THE Shah Rukh Khan. It's not hard to get whatever I want." He stated with a sly smile, Kajol playfully rolled her eyes. He wasn't wrong, he definitely got whatever he wanted from her so there was nothing she could think to say to belittle him jokingly at that moment.

"Yeah, Yeah. Mr. Chef, I'd like to start my breakfast with some coffee." Kajol placed her first order as she watched him spring into action to prepare the coffee and also make her breakfast lovingly. The coffee ended up being too strong and her meal to start the day was slightly brown and burnt but it had been the best breakfast she had ever tasted because Shah Rukh had made it from his heart.