Chapter 9 ☾

Mahina's POV

It's been forever since she's eaten food as delicious as this.

Once she sat down at the dining table, the werewolf was encouraged to eat as much as she pleased.

So guess what she did?

She hungrily filled her plate with golden pancakes, fresh fruits, scrambled eggs and, of course, different kinds of meat.

She was certainly not gonna hold herself back after spending months eating bland cafeteria food for every meal.

As a big foodie, this was literal torture.

Her dad always told her that she was born in the right family because of her 'wolfish appetite'.

Hilarious, I know.

While she was busy emptying her second plate of food, a familiar figure appeared in the doorway.

The person cleared their throat which immediately caught the girl's attention, who curiously looked up at the new presence.

The two best friends' eyes instantly found each others like magnets.

Without a second thought, she threw herself in the vampire's skinny yet strong arms. The other responded to the embrace by squeezing her friend as tight as she could, with no intention of letting go anytime soon.

Adriene's hold was always tender, loving and comforting, one of the many things the werewolf loved about her.

It took a while for the two to finally separate, afraid that if they dared to let go, the other would vanish into thin air.

Mahina looked down at her best friend with an infinite fondness in her eyes.

No words were exchanged between them as none could describe the intense feeling of relief they were experiencing now that they were together again.

Eventually, the werewolf broke the silence, her voice low and uncertain "Are you okay? I was freaking out. I thought you would never wake up."

Adriene's eyes opened wide, showing a mixed expression between panic and confusion.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you slept all day yesterday."

"I've been asleep for a whole day?? Why did nobody wake me up?"

"I wanted to, but Haneul stopped me and told me you needed to rest."

"Who's Haneul?"

"Oh right, sorry! Haneul is one of the members of the organization. She's a fairy and she's quite lovely. I'm sure you'll love her!"

The vampire's typical sweet apple pie scent abruptly changed as if the pastry was made with rotten fruits instead of fresh ones.

"What's so great about her?", Adriene mumbled under her breath, a deep pout on her lips.

Did I hear her right??

"What was that?", the wolf asked, attempting to hide the amusement in her voice.

The girl looked up at her friend with a weak smile, pushing the unwanted emotion as far as possible in her brain.

"Nothing important. Don't worry about it.", she assured, trying to sound genuine.

Wait, is she-

"Jealous?", Mahina questioned the other with a sly grin.

"Why would I be jealous?", she rushed to say. "We're just friends after all."