three // conversations from the dining room table

IT DIDN'T SURPRISE JOLIE THAT HER MOTHER hadn't given her the warmest of welcomes when she finally made her way back to her childhood home later that evening after visiting Gemma and the rest of SAMCRO.

A stiff hug from Della Unser as well as small disapproving glance at her clothes was all the older Unser daughter received before being told dinner would be done shortly and where so could go unpack her things until dinner was done.

Jolie looked back at her at dad before nodding at her mother's demands; because that's what it always was with Della Unser, a tight lipped smile forming her face. She hated being back in this house under her mother's judgmental gaze, knowing no matter what Jolie did the matriarch of the Unser home would never be proud of her.

"Give her a break, Della."

Jolie heard her dad sigh as she walked towards her childhood bedroom. It was always her dad that had her back whenever Della's wrath was on a warpath, and maybe that one was of the many reasons why Della and her oldest daughter never got along; her husband picked their daughter's side in every argument.

"I have to finish dinner, Wayne." Della scoffed before walking off towards the kitchen, slamming pots and pans down as she continued to cook away in the only part of the house she truly felt at peace.

The sickly Police Chief shook his head as he head as he heard Jolie's childhood bedroom door slam. He quickly pulled a joint out of his front pocket and lit it up, taking a deep inhale of the weed. If the cancer didn't kill him first then living with this two women again definitely would.

Jolie slammed the bedroom door behind her as her brown eyes gazed around the room. Of course it wasn't the same as she had left it — she expected that, but any possible reminder of her was completely gone. It seemed as though Della got rid of anything that could tie Jolie back to this room or house.

A scoff left her lips as she walked towards the queen sized bed and sat down on it. The once pastel colored walls were now a boring white, all the posters she had up were all gone as well, along with her many photos of herself with SAMCRO and friends from high school. It made a sadness form in the pit of her stomach, and Jolie wondered how long did her mother wait before she gave a whole new makeover to the room — cleaning it of Jolie.

"Of course she kept this picture." Jolie muttered as she stared at the old photo of Hale and herself sitting on the nightstand.

Everyone in Charming knew how bad Della Unser wanted her older daughter to be with David Hale. He was perfect in Della's eyes; everything a good son-in-law would be, but of course Jolie had once again failed her mother when she refused to date or marry Hale. She didn't want to become like Della; married to a cop and living in Charming her whole life — resenting the children she would eventually have. That wasn't the life for her.

A soft knock on the door pulled Jolie from her thoughts. "Come in." She said, keeping her eyes on the door. At least it wasn't her mother. Della wouldn't have knocked.

"Hey, you left your suitcase in my jeep." David stood in the doorway with one hand on the back of his neck and the other holding Jolie's forgotten suitcase.

The brunette stood up from the bed, making her way towards a nervous looking Hale. "Thanks." She gave him a small appreciative smile before taking the suitcase from his hand.