Chapter 2

As the blinding light receded, leaving them blinking in its aftermath, the HoloMyth crew found themselves in a place entirely foreign. Confusion hung in the air like a shroud, and Kiara, with a sheepish look, was the first to speak. "Well, that didn't go exactly as planned, did it haha?"

Amelia, her watch still aglow from the encounter, shot Kiara a playful yet reproachful look. "You do have a thing for making... bold decisions, don't you hm?" Her tone was laced with amusement, the tension of the moment momentarily lifted.

Ina, her tentacles now gently swaying with a mix of curiosity and concern, surveyed their surroundings. "It seems we've truly stepped into the unknown. But let's not dwell on the 'how' for now. We need to figure out where we are."

"I'll consult with Ao-chan". Ina mutters to her book once again.

Gura, her eyes wide with wonder, looked around at the unfamiliar landscape. "Whoa! This place is something else, huh? Wonder if there are any snacks around here..." Her musings were met with a collective eye roll from the group.

Mori, always the voice of reason, spoke with a measured calmness. "We're in uncharted territory, that's for sure, thank Kiara by the way" Kiara turned away with a sheepish look. "Eh but fuck it. Let's focus on gathering information. Maybe there's someone nearby who can help, I'll check around."

"Good thing you guys do that, me and Gura will-"

"What the hell!? / This is strange!?" both Mori and Ina exclaim in surprise.

Ame eyes at both inquisitively but lands on a conclusion.

"You both...can't use your powers right?" Ame says to them both boldly.

Mori's voice trembled with a mix of confusion and frustration. "It's... strange. I've lost a part of myself. I can't transform, and the whispers of souls, they're just... gone.

Ina's expression mirrored Mori's despair, her eyes fixed on the dormant book. "Ao-chan was always my guiding light, but now... it's like she's silent. Spells work, but her voice, her presence, it's vanished."

The weight of their words hung heavy in the air, leaving an unsettling stillness. Both of their faces had despair in their written in their faces but this begs to question why did this happen? And was it really only limited to these two?

Ame's gaze shifted between them, concern etched on her face. "This is... unprecedented. It can't be a coincidence that it's just you two"

"Gura, Kiara, how about you two!?" Ame turns to look at them.

Gura, the brash shark-girl, looked around for any sign of water. Finding none, she shook her head. "Can't really test it without water , can I? But I'll figure it out, no worries." Gura laxingly says.

Kiara, her eyes focused with determination, focused on conjuring fire. With a strained expression, she tried to ignite a small flame in her palm. However, despite her best efforts, nothing happened. Her usual fire remained stubbornly absent.

The realization washed over her face, a mix of shock and confusion. "I... I can't do it. It's like a part of me is missing." The weight of the revelation hung heavily in the air.

As the HoloMyth crew set asiide their frustrations and fears, they turned their attention towards a passerby.

Approaching her, Amelia wore a warm smile. "Excuse me, could you tell us where we are and what date it is? We seem to have... taken an unexpected turn, so to speak."

The girl regarded them, a mix of surprise and intrigue flickering in her eyes as she took in their unique appearances. "You're in Kivotos, and it's the 17th of October. Are you... newcomers?" Her voice held a note of curiosity.