Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Tastea

"SUKI!" Kalila shouted, jumping(more like pouncing) on Suki's shoulders and making said girl scream. Turning away from her locker, Suki gave her best friend a 'really?!' look, before Kalila started talking. "I'm kinda surprised you aren't used to that by now." Kalila said, a large grin plastered on her face.

"Yeah, I'm a little surprised by that too." Suki replied. "Although you usually say 'BOO' instead of my name." She turned back to her locker as Kalila opened her own next to Suki's.

"Oh, hey, I'm gonna stay a little late today. I gotta smooth a couple of things out for my Spanish project." Kalila said. Suki closed her locker and leaned against it.

"Group's not cooperating?" Suki asked knowingly. "Again?"

"Yeah." Kalila sighed. "But they're not as bad as the groups I've been in before. Nathan was the first one to cooperate, and everyone kinda followed after. But then again, Nate knows me, and he knows how I am. Still, it's not too bad."

"Nathan knows full well what you would do if you guys didn't cooperate." Suki stated, a grin forming on her face. Spotting it, Kalila made a face.

"Don't. Don't give me that face." Kalila said.

"Oh I think I'm gonna give you this face." Suki replied, her grin growing even more.

"Noooo. Stop it." Kalila responded, lightly shoving Suki, which made her laugh in response.

"Ok, I'll stop. But you already know what I think of you two." Suki said, pushing herself off the lockers and mouthing 'I ship it' to Kalila. Letting out a little laugh, Kalila turned her attention back to her locker. "Oh, hey, by the way, I'm meeting David at Tastea, so I'm gonna go soon." It was now Kalila's turn to turn her head and give Suki a large grin. "Ok, ok. Don't give me that face." Kalila squealed and grabbed Suki's hands.

"Nathan told me that David's been visiting, since his school gets on break a week earlier than we do. I heard he's staying at Nathan's house for some kind of week long sleepover thing. He also mentioned that David said something about meeting up with you this week. This is so exciting! TELL. ME. EVERYTHING once you're done." Laughing, Suki reassured her that she would. "Is it a date?" Kalila asked.

"I wish, but no. We're just gonna hang out and catch up." Slightly deflating, Kalila began scolding David's behavior.

"Why can't he just ask you on a date, huh? Why doesn't he have the guts to do it?" Kalila demanded.

"Kal, chill. Don't get so worked up."

"I'm only worked up cause I know that part of you wants it to be a date. Speaking of which, Nathan actually asked if I want to walk with him to Tastea after we're done with the project. He's probably meeting David there too. Or just wants to spy on you two."

"You gonna be ok with that?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Just go have fun."

"You sure?"

"Go! Both of us are probably a minute late already!"

"Oh, right! 'Kay bye!"

"Bye!"

Shutting her locker, Kalila waved goodbye as the two of them headed off into opposite directions.

Hope you enjoyed the story so far! Comment down below if you liked it, if there's anything you want to see! Here are the main characters' bios down below.

Suki Diệu- Awkward, sweet, with a unique sense of humor. Suki is quiet and shy, but has a short temper and can be pretty loud when she wants to be. She has known Nathan since first grade, Kalila since second, and David since third. Kalila is her best friend. Nathan is like a little brother to her and along with David, is her best guy friend. She has been in love with David since seventh grade, but also has feelings for Calvin, a boy she met that same year. Suki has straight, waist length black hair, with bangs that are usually swept to the right. She also has brown eyes.

Age: 15 (Freshmen in High School)

Interests: Baking, reading, watching TV, dancing, designing

David Huerta- Sweet, teasing, and athletic, David is your typical teenage boy. Minus the usual cockiness you see in boys. Though he can be cocky when the situation demands it. He has a soft, sweet side that he usually only shows to Suki. He has known Suki, Nathan, and Kalila since the third grade. Nathan is his best friend. He and Suki developed feelings for each other, unbeknownst to the other, during fifth grade after being put in the same class without their best friends. He unintentionally broke Suki's heart during middle school and developed feelings for Taylor, a girl he met in middle school. David has straight, spiky brown hair that he sometimes gels. He has brown eyes.

Age: 15 (Freshmen in High School)

Interests: Basketball, video games, reading, watching TV, drawing

Nathan Quạch- Mischievous, witting, and a little smart mouthed. Nathan acts like the typical teenage boy, but he means well. When he's not being cocky, he is actually a kind and adorable person. He has known Suki since first grade, which explains their teasing, typical sibling-like relationship. He has known Kalila since second grade, and David since third grade. David is his best friend. Nathan is somewhat of a player, having only had one girlfriend so far, and having different dates to different school events. Nathan has straight, black hair with an undercut hairstyle. He also has dark brown eyes.

Age: 14 (Freshmen in High School)

Interests: Video games, watching TV, drawing, dancing, band

Kalila Hân- Hard working, intelligent, with a matter-of-fact sense of humor. And a loud voice to go with it. Kalila is the ideal student who works hard, while trying to make Suki more social. She has known Suki and Nathan since second grade, and David since third. Suki is her best friend. Kalila has a crush on Nathan, something that Suki supports wholeheartedly, even if Nathan is oblivious to it. When she's not getting straight A's, Kalila likes to hang out with her friends and occasionally plays sports. Kalila has straight, slightly wavy, chestnut brown hair with natural light brown highlights. She has brown eyes.

Age: 14 (Freshmen in High School)

Interests: Watching TV, singing, reading, writing, organizing