Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I do not own Tastea or Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron

Spoiler Alert: Details from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron will be discussed in this chapter

"I'm here", she texted, as she made her way up the concrete steps that led to the platform in front of the drink shop. After taking the five minute walk from the school to Tastea's, Suki had finally arrived. Coming up from the right of the platform, Suki looked up from her phone to scan the area. Her eyes landed on the only person there. Leaning against the wall and looking down at his own phone, stood David Huerta. Spotting a table just a few feet away, Suki recognized David's backpack sitting on one of the two chairs. Quietly placing her own on the other one, Suki made her way over to David, who finally looked up.

A grin broke out on his face, as he stuck his phone into his pocket and pushed himself off the wall. Heart clenching, Suki quickened her steps and brought her arms up to wrap them around David's neck in a hug. "Hi David." David wrapped his arms around her back in return. 

"Hi Suki." he said. Pulling away, David spread his arms out in front of him. Suki quirked an eyebrow in response, looking at David questioningly. The already present grin on his face grew, as David began to say, "Heeey giiirl."

A smile immediately broke out on Suki's face, as she doubled over in laughter. Very pleased with her reaction, David joined her. The two of them laughing their heads off.

"Aha-ha, hooooooo. Okaaay. I think I'm good." Suki breathed, catching her breathe. Straightening up, she lightly punched David in the arm. "I cannot believe you did that. I thought I heard a hint of sass in that!"

Shrugging, David smirked. "Well, I just wanted to see you smile. But the laugh was a nice bonus too."

Rolling her eyes, though her smile gave her away, Suki lightly shoved David as the two made their way into Tastea. "Let me guess, you're getting a Watermelon Heaven?" Suki asked David, who in return asked,

"How did you know?"

"Well, that's the only drink you've ever talked about, so lucky guess?" she said teasingly.

"And let ME guess, you're getting a Strawberry Sensation?" David asked back, which earned him a surprised look from Suki, which quickly changed into a smirk.

"And how did YOU know?" She retorted.

"Well, that's the only drink you've ever showed me. Plus, you said you were in love when you told me about it, so lucky guess?" he replied, grinning at his reuse of her words.

"In my defense, I have had two other drinks beside that one. But yes, I was going to get that one today. So yes. Lucky guess."

Done with their playful banter, the two ordered their drinks and went outside to sit at the table housing their backpacks.

"So how have you been? How's basketball?" Suki asked, taking a sip of her smoothie.

"Pretty good. Basketball's been great." David replied, sipping his own drink. "What about you? How are you doing?"

"Pretty good. Track season is ending though, so that sucks."

"Really? That's too bad. You competed during season right?"

"Yeah, I competed."

A smirk tugged at David's lips as he tried to suppress it. "We should try racing again. That would be fun. Just like in elementary."

A smirk dared to grace Suki's features as well. "That would be awesome. I'm curious to see if you've gotten slower David." she taunted.

"I'd say the same, but you're in track."