double edge

Extended Summary

"Clever as the devil and twice as pretty." Brindled eyes, religious beauty, and cunning intelligence; the idyllic amalgam that was Eden Murdock, a femme fatale on Friday nights with tactical twin blades that fit perfectly into her pocket.

Eden was injected with the mutagenic serum known as Compound V during infancy; at seven and a half months old to be precise, a courtesy of her mother Leia. The woman had always been naive, gullible even, thus it only took a pea sized amount of persuasion before she was agreeing to sign on the dotted line, unaware of the fine print. In contrast, Eden's father was a quick-witted man; charming, principled, and at the time working on his degree in law. He'd been skeptical at the moment considering he was someone with super human capabilities (heightened senses) of his own, yet understandably the stipulation was enough to make any young parent curious. The couple waited days, and those days turned to months, which turned to years until eventually little Eden was eleven years old with a newfound herculean strength, resilience, and the ability to manipulate the trajectory of moving objects. She was the perfect recipe for a hero.

Eden's mother was murdered 2 years later, a casualty related to gang violence in their hometown in Manhattan. It took a toll on her father and in result he had all but dedicated his life and career in law to ensuring that bad individuals would never walk the streets of their city again. A portion of him dedicated Eden to that as well, building the foundation for her to become one of the greatest heroes known to human kind. The man was left blind following an incident as a child, and in turn he was taught the technique of martial arts in which he'd then come to teach his daughter. "Connection, mind, body" he would say while obstructing her sight with a blindfold, though it was easier said than done. Eden spent years honing her skills, physically and academically, the fear of failure and perfectionism weighing heavy on her chest though frankly, it was a small burden to bear.

It had been a cakewalk getting into Godolkin University—a place where she and other super powered students would learn and train to be heroes—although the aforementioned perfectionism began to fester more often than not as they were constantly pit against each other and placed under questionable amounts of pressure to get brands on their sides. Irregardless, the girl knew how to sell herself. Eden fit seamlessly into the population at God U and that's how she liked it. She had her friends, she had fun, remained in the top ten, and kept her grades up. Nothing had ever been too complicated; that is until Marie Moreau showed up.

Warning
this book may include:
•mature themes
•potentially triggering content
but is not limited to:
•swearing
•sexual scenes
•violence/death
•substance use/abuse
•depictions of mental health

Cast

Nailea Devora as Eden Murdock
"I'm good with other things too."

Charlie Cox as Matthew "Matt" Murdock"Im proud of you, kid

"Im proud of you, kid."

Mood Board

Mood Board

Side Note

Not me coming off of hiatus with a Gen V fanfic. This is a different territory so if you're new here I'm Liv! Im twenty-one and a respiratory therapy student. I write fan fiction whenever I have the time and I'm not actively losing my mind/hobbies to depression :)

As you've likely noticed if you read the summary, I decided to include Matty! He's so beautiful and honestly just an incredibly well written character. He is easily one of my favorite heroes aside from Natasha who will be my number one until I die. Anyway, he's here to be Eden's dad and essentially his upbringing, the work that he does in the kitchen, and his character, all play a part in the way that he decided to raise Eden. Matt won't be apart of The Seven. He'll still have his abilities but staying true to his character, I think that he would prefer to be a bit more low-key and just work within the confines of Manhattan.

Additionally, I have not watched The Boys yet so I apologize in advance if some of the lore/info doesn't align or add up correctly. I will do my best with researching and stuff whenever it comes down to it.

As always, thanks in advance for any support you decide to show and I hope you enjoy. <3

Disclaimer:

I do not own anything concerning Amazon Prime's Gen V or Marvel's Daredevil. I do however take full credit for Eden Murdock and any other supporting characters/storylines

Any inspiration comes from my Pinterest: oliviaolsten

Started: November 2023