𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NOVA DUNN's long brown hair danced in the moonlight as the heels of her black converse hit the streets of Chicago, her breath was heavy as beads of sweat became visible on her forehead.

She rounded a corner swiftly, almost tripping as she did so, the girl found herself running towards a wall.

Her eyes widened as she heard the sirens getting louder, and she knew there was no use in trying to hide.

Nova turned around, dropping the bottle of rifampin. She threw her hands up as the silhouette of a tall man emerged from behind the wall.

He approached the girl slowly, holding out his gun.

"Empty your pockets!" He ordered, "Slowly!"

Nova obeyed him, slowly moving her hands down, pulling the empty pockets of her sweatpants out, along with her jacket pockets.

"I-I don't have anything on me, I was just taking the pills for my grandma!" She pleaded,

"Where is your grandma?" He asked her as he was now closer to her.

"Sh-she's at home, she doesn't leave." The brunette replied,

"Where do you live?" He sighed,

Nova told him her adress, and after cuffing her, he led her to his police car.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked frantically,

"We're going to have a talk with your grandma."

Nova leaned back in her seat, bouncing her leg, she knew her grandma would get taken away. She was too sick to be taking care of herself, let alone Nova.

Soon enough, the black and white car pulled into driveway of the shabby little house that Nova called home.

He let her out, uncuffing her, and leading her to the door.

"She- She doesn't leave her chair...so there's no use in knocking. I have a key."

Nova leaned down, picking up a small silver key from under the welcome mat. She shoved the end of it into the opening, letting the door swing open.

The officer entered, Nova following behind.

"Nova? Is that you? Did you get the pills?" A small creaky voice asked,