core five

Noah laid with her head rested in Harper's lap, the Thomas girl softly running her fingers through the ginger's hair. She could hear Noah sigh contently as her eyes closed.

Harper could easily tell that Noah was one of the few that hadn't gotten much sleep since the incident that happened in Woodsboro, despite it being a year ago, Harper couldn't blame her. It was a traumatic experience.

As she looked around, she could point out the ones that simply brushed it off. Like Tara and the twins, Scarlet didn't necessarily forget about it, but she was doing what she could to get the thought out of her mind.

Speaking of Scarlet, the girl was currently in the kitchen with Tara and Chad, doing her best to avoid the awkward stares Tara gave to the Meeks-Martin twin.

She couldn't really do anything about it, as she and Chad weren't officially dating, but she could admit that she felt a little jealous that the Carpenter was giving him goo goo eyes.

"I think you should get out of the city." Tara spoke up, catching Chad's attention, "You know, considering what happened to you the last time. I—I wouldn't blame you if... you want to go."

Scarlet scoffed softly, narrowing her eyes as Chad responded, "That's very thoughtful of you, but, um...I don't think i'm going anywhere."

Unknown to her, as her back was facing them, Chad's brown eyes were focused solely on Scarlet as she spoke. Luckily enough, Mindy had caught on to her brother's adoring stare on the Turner girl and gagged dramatically.

"Will you just make out with her already?" As Mindy said this, Noah perked up, lifting her head off of Harper's lap to glance at Scarlet- whose cheeks were more red than usual.

"That is so inappropriate, dude."

"Oh, whatever. Get it over with!" Mindy said, walking towards the kitchen and playfully shoving Scarlet in Chad's direction, sending a warning look to Tara.

Scarlet made her way towards the living area, smiling thankfully at Sam as the older woman placed blankets and pillows on a chair for them to use.

"Sam?" Mindy called from the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"We do not have to stay here."

"Well, too bad, I insist. Safety in numbers."

"This'll be so fun." Chad gushed, "A slumber party with the Core Five!"

Noah let out an expected hum and she was, once again, not included in the 'core five' celebration. She wasn't too bothered with not being involved. She didn't need another reminder that their group was slowly losing members.

First it was Wes, Liv, then Ricky and Amber. Maybe her name not getting put in was a small indication that her life would be coming to an end soon.

And she could only pray that it was true.

"Core Five?" Sam frowned in confusion.

"Yeah."

"Did you just give us a nickname?" Tara asked as Scarlet made her way back into the kitchen.

"I sure did. I mean, we've been through a lot together, and it's a pretty cool nickname."

"That's debatable."

"That's extremely debatable." Scarlet chuckled as her eyes subconsciously trailed over to the red head in the living room. Her heart nearly sunk her in chest at Noah's unreadable expression.

"You can't just give yourself a nickname, dingus." Mindy told her brother.

"Of course I can, dingus, because I just did." Chad sassed back, "Core Five, up top!"