Chapter 3

New objective

We drove down into a shortcut as we wanted to get to her place as fast but quietly as we could, and we backed up as there appeared to be some sort of strange religious ritual surrounding pasta going on in the alleyway.

"What in the name of-"

"The Pasta gods have rained their tomato sauce blessings upon us, let us give praise to the spaghetti, linguini and rigatoni gods!"

The random guy in a yellow ragged blanket yelled in the alleyway, to which more crazed people agreed and yelled

"Amen!"

"Ok, I think we've seen enough.."

Dave whispered backing out of the alleyway quietly and continued on down the normal road, we were constantly crunching over dead bodies and it made us cringe pretty hard hearing the sounds of bones being rolled over.

Sarah has been vomiting out the window this whole time, and I honestly felt oddly only the slightest desensitized to my surroundings.

But I will admit that even I did feel a little nauseated at the sounds of the bone crushing and gut splenching sounds outside, it wasn't very pleasant,

the only thing I'm more or so desensitized to here is the crazed people's odd erratic behaviour, they mostly behave like standard new yorkers, just very off, and the strange fact is none of them decided to bother us for the rest of the trip, but they did stare, which was I gotta admit, creepy,

I looked at my ankle that the lady twisted earlier, the ebbing pain went up to my leg, there's no way I'll be doing any more walking tonight, or running for the matter, that woman had a heck of a grip on her.

We found ourselves driving down a highway, I suppose this is the direction of where Sarah's little sister is at, Dave was trying to strike up a positive conversation multiple times, even offering a lollipop.

Sarah was too busy vomiting and crying silently to even want to eat anything, to be honest, I wasn't really that hungry myself, and the crappy part is that I usually have some icy hot packets lying around in the car, and I couldn't seem to see any.

Right, I was supposed to get some more yesterday.

"Sarah, your gonna have to keep it together for a minute."

Dave said after Sarah had pretty much seemed to puke up just about everything in her system to the point where she just ended up just coughing painfully.

"I'm sorry, this...day.."

She said weakly,

I really hope we get her sister.

"We are almost there, ya really want your sister to see you hurling when we get there?"

Dave said like the standard insensitive person he typically was,

"Dave, shut up, give her a break."

Dave looked back at me and I simply stared him down.