Intro

***

LOOKING FOR AVERY

***

Seth Cohen was fourteen years old when he first laid his eyes on Avery Wilde Cooper. He didn't know back then that she would be his whole world someday. She got him mesmerised and daydreamed. She got him hopeful, she got him happy. She was the stars, the sun, the ocean and the sky all combined. She was everything to him.

It took a while before he realised, but once he did, he couldn't get her out of his head. He was in love with her. He loved the way she spoke, he loved the way her nose crinkled up whenever she didn't like something, he loved her sarcasm, her laugh, especially the one were she laughed at his jokes. He loved everything about her.

Seth wanted to tell Avery, he wanted so badly to tell her how deeply he wanted to be with her, how badly he wanted to feel her skin up against his. But he didn't wanna ruin what they already had, he didn't wanna lose his only friend, his best friend. He didn't wanna lose the only thing that mattered to him. That and his comic books, obviously.

So he faked having a crush on one of the school's most popular girls, in fact Summer Roberts. One of Avery's friends. If Summer was attractive, yes no doubt. But she couldn't compare to Avery, she never would in Seth's eyes.

Avery Wilde Cooper was new to Orange County when she attended the mid of freshman year at the Harbour high school. She had just moved away from Los Angeles and didn't have too many friends at her old high school, therefore starting fresh was not something she were to worried about. That's when she met Seth Cohen, her later to be best friend.

Avery's homelife were troubled. She only had the absence of a egoistic dad, who were still grieving after the loss of Avery's mother. Who died when the girl were only nine. Thats why she had to move away to stay with her uncle and aunt James and Julie Cooper, and their daughters Marissa and Kaitlin Cooper. Because she couldn't deal with the loneliness anymore.

Even though Avery pretended to have no feelings for Seth, she knew that deep down she wanted for them to be together. But of course, he liked Summer Roberts, the most popular girl in school. And ironicly enough, also Marissa's bestfriend.

Seth was extremely funny. He always brought out the best in everyone, she envied him for that. She loved him for that, and maybe even fell in love with him for that. But if Avery had known Seth's feelings from the start, she sure would've done things differently

***

"Why did you leave me Avery?"

"I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you."

"Yet, you still did."