10

It was a foggy and cold afternoon.

Brianna was sat inside her kitchen with Coco and Josie, feeding them some food and water while also cooking some home made brownies. Her passion was cooking, it made her feel safe and happy.

The police case had fully ended, and Brianna was finally at peace. The man had not made an appearance for quite a while and Jacob never came again after that night. Although this was all settled, her mind repeated the fact that the cops never found any of the missing children; or the man who started it all.

Bri decided she would take her dogs for a peaceful walk near the river just 10 minutes away from her house. It was about 7 hours until her shift, since it was 5pm. She had a lot of spare time and set off on her journey.

Half way there, a man came from behind her and said ''Hello.'' in a deep tone.

Brianna looked behind her and saw it was just an ordinary looking man.

''Hi!'' She replied, quickly making conversation.

''What cute little dogs you have. What are their names?'' Asked the man, as he slowly got closer to her.

''Coco and Josie. 5 and 10.'' She replied, shaken up a bit but acted like nothing was happening.

''Nice. Are you working the shift tonight? I think ive seen you before when i was drunk. I came to the station to grab some candy. Not sure if you remember.'' 

Brianna looked at him confused, and replied with just an ''I don't remember, sorry!''

He smiled and said ''I hope to see you at the shift tonight. I'm going on a trip with my wife so it will be good!'' The man grinned and looked as if he really was looking forward to seeing her. She shrugged it off and finished her walk, shortly after she ran home due to it being dark out so early.

11:30pm

It was raining outside, and Brianna couldn't be bothered to walk outside in the rain. She texted her mom, but got no reply. She assumed her mother was out drinking, and went in her bedroom to get her umbrella. Shortly after, Bri kissed her dogs goodbye and waved, locking the door tightly behind her.

It was a cold and breezy night, the trees in the forest blew in the cold mist peacefully. It was about 5 minutes until Brianna got to her work.

Just then, she heard a scream coming from the middle of the forest.

''Im done with this. The deaths of people arent my problem anymore.''

12:05am

Brianna got in the station, and the floor was covered in red liquid. ''Strange...''

There was no ketchup on the floor.

A noise came from the basement. It sounded as if somebody was abducted and tied up.

''Hello??'' Brianna shouted, her voice was clear that she was scared.

''HELP!! HELP ME!!'' an unknown mans voice screamed, coming from what sounded like the closet in the basement. It was extremely muffled but just right for her to hear.

Brianna opened the basement door. She had never been down there for any reason in her life. A faint sobbing was heard from the closet door, along with a dripping sound every 5 seconds.

The stairs creaked with every step she took. At that moment a sickening smell roamed around the room. Brianna got to the bottom step and froze in fear.

She screamed as loud as she could.

Dead bodies of children were found. Some in body bags, some just completely open for the bugs to dig into their skin. A man and a woman were seen hung with a rope tightly secured around their neck, upside down with blood dripping from out their pale blue lips.

It was all the missing children. All of them.

The woman that was hung is the same woman she heard the scream from that day Brianna was walking her dogs. She fell down to her knees and sobbed, her eyes locked to the deceased children.

Just then, the screaming man came from out the closet door. It was Jacob.

''Come out.'' He said, with an axe in his hand ready to swing.

The horse man came from the station and was at the top of the basement stairs. Brianna knew her life was over. She had failed at getting revenge for Jasmine.

''How did you know i was working here?'' Brianna questioned, shaking with fear and accepting she was going to be killed on the spot.

''That man today.. The one you thought was too innocent. He asked about your dogs then asked if you were working the shift. It was stupid of you to say yes, now its your last moments alive.'' 

The man with the horse mask came down the stairs and got closer to Brianna. Just then, her friend Tilly that she hadn't seen in years came at the top of the basement. ''The cops are seconds away. Good luck getting away with this.''

''Jacob was the one who killed Jasmine that day. It was not me. Although I did help him clean up the evidence..'' The horse man laughed, a wide evil grin showing on his face.

Before she could say anything else, Brianna was murdered with an axe swung around her head then she was brutally stabbed 5 times before collapsing on the floor.

Tilly screamed. The cops came running in, but before they could even arrest the two guys they smashed the basement window with their axes and ran for it into the dark night.

Brianna was dead. It was too late.

There were about 20 cop cars surrounding the forest, searching for the two men.

They were caught about 3 years after deeply searching. Both have a life sentence and will maybe even end up executed from the amount of different crimes committed. I won't tell you who is writing this, because you'll think I'm a stalker. But just so you know, Brianna will always be missed and is in my heart.