Chapter 3

'Hey Dan!' Shreyas waved at my college friend through FaceTime.

'Hey Shreyas! How you're doing? I watched your match. Congratulations, man!' Daniel said.

'Thanks. I'm good. What about you? How're things in Dublin? How's Stephie?' Shreyas asked.

'All good here. Just packing for Mumbai.' Dan said with a grin of excitement. 'When you're coming?'

'As scheduled. I can't afford to miss a single day, Dan. I've missed my 'home' a lot.' Shreyas said reminiscing his memories of RPCCEC.

'Me too, man. Those were the days. Have you spoken with Kush and Vikas?' Dan asked about the others in the gang.

'Vikas. Yes. And Kush ... yeah, I texted him and I'm yet to get a reply.' Shreyas sighed, frustrated on the indifference of his once best friend.

'No worry! I'll call him. I heard Nikita's coming too.' Dan chucked.

Shreyas rubbed his forehead. 'Damn! No!'

Daniel laughed. 'I can't wait to find out what happens.'

'Me too.' Shreyas sighed.

^^^^^^

'Thanks Mr. Das! I absolutely loved your idea and I would love to be a part of it in someway or other.' I promised Mr. Das, a renowned editor from Kolkata.

Being a patron for two orphanages and a preacher of child psychoanalysis, he was planning for an event related to the shaping of childhood and adolescence in two months. One of my books being a reflection of childhood trauma had grabbed his interest and thus, got us connected a few months ago.

'It'd be really fortunate having you with us, Miss Anshika.' Mr. Das said. 'I guess the formal invitation will reach you soon.' He said.

I was overwhelmed by the inclusion. After disconnecting the call, I promptly asked Seema to book the time slot for the event.

'And what about the call from RPCCEC? I guess that includes an invitation too and that is in few days!' Seema said checking my slots.

I pretended to contemplate, looking blankly at the window. 'Not interested.' I said, turning to Seema.

Seema, though surprised, decided to surrender with a nod and look back at the screen.

'Didi, if you don't mind, can I ask you something?' She asked suddenly.

'Yeah?' I encouraged, not knowing her plane of thoughts.

'If I were at your place and I had a scope to connect with my childhood school, I wouldn't have thought twice.' She said.

I looked at her and scoffed. 'I guess you had a good time in your school.'

'Yes, of course. I had two best friends at that time and we were so close. You know, didi, if I would've listened to their advice at that time, I wouldn't have made the mistake at the first place.' She said with a sad face. 'Didi, you must've had good times at ...'

'I didn't Seema.' I said sharply cutting her off and making her look at me with a frown of surprise. 'I didn't.' I repeated.

^^^^

To
Anshika Purohit,

Our team has tried to connect with you personally in a failed attempt. You have been a source of pride and gratification for the institute for your excellence in the field of both literature and commerce and we wpulf like to congratulate you for the same. We solicit your august presence at the official reunion ceremony for the class of 2016, Department of Commerce and Management.

The brochure of the event is attached herewith and we expect your acceptance of our request and grace the occasion.

Dean
Department of Commerce and Management
RPCCEC

I closed the mail again. I definitely had  calls that I did not attend.

^^^^^^^^^^