Chapter 4

🖋🖋🖋🖋🖋🖋🖋🖋🖋🖋

'I had sore limbs from the rigorous physical punishments I have been inflicted to in the college. I did not want to inform Didi or Jiju about it. But, at times, it became unbearable.

'Yes, just 5 more Hippo!' A bully named Vikas counted as I struggled to complete the task of 50 push-ups in the middle of the indoor basketball court.

I could barely breath.

'She will die. Let her go.' I heard Pooja say in a pleading voice.

'Shut up!' I heard Nikita's voice. 'We are only helping her loose some weight.' She said sarcastically with the roar of laughter following.

'And you continue blowing the balloons.' She instructed Pooja.

'2 ... and ...'

My arms shivered as I did the last one.

'Woah! Hippo did it!' Another girl from the gang squealed.

'I almost thought we are gonna see the court crack today.' Vikas commented.

They laughed again.

I lied flat on my chest; my head tilted to the right as tears ran down.

They caught me and Pooja taking to a Professor and assumed we were complaining about them. That wasn't case, at least, not today.

'... and you .. you're still stuck at 38. We needed 50 balloons, remember?' I saw them slap behind Pooja's head.

'I..  I'll do it. It's just that .. Just few minutes.' Pooja said breathing hard.

'No Lanky! We have to arrange the party in next half an hour.' A girl said. '2 minutes. That's it.' Nikita said.

I tried to sit up.

'... and since Hippo is up. May be she can help too.' Nikita patted my back harshly.

Another of their friend entered presumably.

'Nikki, Vikas, you are not done yet. Shreyas is already here.' The guy said. Daniel, I guess is the name of the guy.

'Oh shit!' Vikas said. 'Guys! Let's rush to the auditorium. 'Kush and Shreyas must be back from the practice.'

Others agreed as they proceeded to get out.

'Five minutes to you two.' Nikita turned to us before leaving. 'You better get them ready.' She said pointing her index finger at us.

As the door shut, I looked at Pooja who burst into tears.

*****

We changed our clothes at the common room. Thankfully, I could help Pooja complete her task in time and they were quite busy to peer their cruel eyes towards us the second time.

'Pooja, we can't let this continue. We have to do something. Try to understand.' I whispered trying to convince her to show some courage.