Chapter 3

I wake up again. This time my head feels a little better and I can move it. Still can't feel my arm. Wait, it's gone. I forgot for a bit. The place wear it used to be hurts. A lot.

"You're awake." The voice I heard earlier, says.

"Thanks for stating the obvious." I turn my head and see the tall man who came into the shop earlier. "Looks like I'm staying here for a while, huh?" I look at where my arm used to be. "How long was I out this time?"

"Three days."

"THREE DAY!! Shit." I flinch at the loud noise. "How long til their replacing my arm?" I ask in a much quieter voice. "And why are you still here after three days?"

"No. I left after you fell asleep. I came back a half hour ago and they said you should be awake soon. Now that I know you'll be fine, I need to leave." He starts to walk towards the door.

"Wait!" He turns towards me. "Will you call my sister?" He nods his head and I give him Arabella's number. "What should I tell her?"

"Tell her that Ela is in the hospital and needs something."

"Your name is Ela?"

"Yes. What's yours?"

"Ni-ki."

I nod and he heads out and calls my sister. A half hour later Arabella walks in the door. She screams when she sees the stubb. I flinch. "What happened?" She asks in a quiet voice. "Got hit by a car. Lost my arm and got a concussion."

"Oh El. Will you be ok?"

"They're making a new arm for me. Don't know who's paying for it though."

"The man on the phone said he paid for the bill. He also said you needed something." She tilts her head as if asking what I needed. "Company. And my tools."

"Ela, you're injured you shouldn't be working. Plus you only have one arm, how will you use them?"

"I'll figure it out. I'm working on something important. I need to finish them."

"Ela."

"Please." I look at her with pleading eyes.

"Fine. But if I get caught, we're both done for."

"You won't."

She leaves and a few hours later she comes back. "I almost got caught."

"But you didn't."

"Oh quiet. Here." She puts my tools on the table next to my good arm. "Thank you." I tell her. She nods. "Do you still need me?" I shake my head. "I have entertainment now."

"Then I will be leaving." She walks out and I start working on my projects. They are small mechanical creatures. They are supposed to help me with my chores and work.

I try to pick up my tools, but my right hand isn't as strong as my left

I try to pick up my tools, but my right hand isn't as strong as my left. I drop the tool. I pick it up again and this time I succeed. I try to tighten a bot. The last bolt on the last mouse. But the mouse slips away. Ugh. I'll just have to wait for my new arm. Then I need to program them.

Almost done.