1

"Mommy why you dressed like that?" Ellie asks. She's not used to me being a bit more dressed up. I'm also wearing dark lipstick which she's never seen on me before.
"I'm just trying to look nice for our guest!"

The doorbell rings and I run to get it. I open the door and let Jack in. He's wearing a blue button down and khakis, he looks nice to say the least. He hands me a bouquet of light purple roses, "I got these for you, I know they're your favorite."
"Oh Jack, you shouldn't have.. Thank you so much" I reply and he gives me a shy smile.

We walk into the dining room and Ellie is already sitting at the table waiting. She waves at Jack but doesn't say anything. I already have the table set with all the food laid out so I sit down next to Ellie and Jack sits across from her. We start to make our plates and eat.

Ellie willingly tells Jack all about herself and he looks so genuinely happy. After about an hour of talking and laughing, I bring Ellie to bed.

When I return I pour Jack and I each a glass of red wine and we stand outside on my deck overlooking the water. We always used to sit out here and watch the waves of the ocean crash against the sand.

"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't really know I guess... I was planning on telling you but then you broke up with me. I didn't want you to think I was lying just to keep you around or to make you feel like you had to stay with me just because we had a child.."
I can see anger arise in Jack's expression, "that's so selfish, Adriana. I had the right to know. I've spent the past three years not knowing about her. You shouldn't have been raising her alone, I should've been here."
"I'm sorry.. I really am..."
Jacks sighs, "you're sorry? You're sorry you took this time away from me?"
"Yes, Jack. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you left me after 2 years of dating with no explanation. I figured there was another girl and I didn't want to raise my daughter with this other girl around."
"Adriana no... There was never another girl... I haven't dated a single girl since you.. I left you because I got caught up in some legal problems and I couldn't let you get involved.."
"Jack we could have gotten through that.. I could have been there for you.."
He doesn't reply, and we sit in silence as I try not to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Jack..."

He wraps his arms around me and I cry into his neck and I think he's crying too.

"I've missed you so much, Adriana.."
"I've missed you too, Jack"

I look up at him and he looks into my eyes. I want to kiss him but I know I can't.

"I still love you, I never stopped loving you."

I've loved him too this whole time, I was just too embarrassed to admit it.

"I love you too"

He looks at my lips and then back to my eyes. He leans in and kisses me and grabs my face.

"I've missed those lips" he says. I grab his hand and lead him inside to my room.

"Can you get my zipper?" I ask seductively.
He nods and slowly unzips my dress, letting it fall to the floor. He starts to kiss my neck from behind me. He unclasps my bra, leaving me in only my lace underwear. I turn around and unbutton his shirt, and then undo his belt and pants. He picks me up and lays me on the bed. He starts to kiss my neck again and then his kisses slowly trail down towards my boobs and then my stomach. He then makes his way back up to my lips.

His hand slowly trails down my side, sending chills through my body. When he reaches my underwear, he starts to remove it but I stop him, "not yet... Soon, I promise.. Just not yet..."
He nods and smiles. He pulls me in close and brings us under the covers. He kisses my cheek, "goodnight my princess"

He used to always call me that.