« Chapter 13 »

What's Left To Say » Chapter 13

~~~~~

"So you speak now? That's amazing Ella! But why now?" Destiny asks through the screen. I'm currently in a Skype call with her and Laura using Jerome's laptop.

I shrug my shoulders. "Things change I guess, put the past where it needs to be," I answer.

Laura smiles at me, "Good for you Ella-Mae," she says and I smile back to her.

"Okay, I also have good news." Destiny says. "I'm in my last month at the center!" she exclaims. My eyes widen in surprise, "That's amazing Dessi!" I tell her.

This is amazing news really, Destiny was the one who's been at the center the longest, almost a full year, so hearing that she was being released was great.

"I know!" she yells. "I was so happy I almost cried when I found out, my mom had to calm me down before I could read the rest."

"Well when we get back I think we need to celebrate," Laura says. "I agree," I reply and Destiny just covers her mouth and I can see she's crying.

"Don't cry Dessi," Laura tells her.

"I'm just so happy," Destiny admits. "I was in such a bad place back in Pittsburgh and to know I've got a second chance to make things better is unbelievable." and more tears continue.

"Don't worry Destiny, everything's better now." I say to her and suddenly my door opens.

"Sorry to interrupt the reunion," December says, "But if we wanna get on our way back to the center we have to go now,"

"Okay, well I guess I'll see you guys back there." I tell Destiny and Laura and we all say our goodbyes to each other.

I smile at December and she smiles back. "It sucks that we have to go back but I'm glad we're all on better terms now then before," December tells me and I nod my head. She leaves and I grab my bags.

With everything that happened here I wish I could stay with everyone else but sadly I couldn't.

I look around the room and scan to see if I missed anything and when I see nothing I head downstairs where December and Jerome are.

"Thought you'd ran for it," Jerome says and I hit his arm with a small smile on my face.

"Well we need to get Ella's stuff in the car before we can leave." December says and we take my things which weren't many and put them in the trunk of the car with Jerome and December's stuff.

We pile into the car and December is the one driving so Jerome takes the passenger side and I go in the back.

As we start to go down the road I start to go through everything when I realize I actually did forget something. "Hey stop the car, I forgot something." I tell December and she complies but turns the car around.

"No it'll be easier if I go alone, be right back," and I unlock my door and run back to the house.

I go back to my room and find the thing I was missing.

I race my way back to the car and make it back in to see Jerome is also in the back with me now. "What'd you forget?" he asks as we start back down the road.

"It was my hat back from Disney," I tell him and show him the hat. Jerome nods his head. It looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't.

-=-=-

When we finally arrive I step out of the car and look at the center, a few months ago I was dreading ever being here. But now it wasn't so bad anymore.

December and Jerome get out and we grab out stuff from out of the trunk and head inside. I almost fall over as Destiny hugs me with full force.

"I was gone for like a month, I didn't die and come back." I say with a small laugh and Destiny just smiles at me.

"Well to me a month feels like a year so sorry if I just wanted to say hello," she says jokingly. "Anyway, how've you been? I mean I already asked but now?"

I nod my head. "Been good, where's Laura?" I ask.

"She's in the bathroom, she had the idea she didn't need to go when we were at the rest stop. And look where it led her." Destiny tells and I laugh a little.

"Hey guys we need to go to the cafeteria," December tells us and starts to head to there and we follow behind.

I sit next to December and soon enough Laura comes from the bathroom and I give her a quick hug.

"Okay everyone listen up, Mrs. Hartford will no longer be working here any more," December says. The room bursts with whispers and shocked faces.

"Is it bad that I forget who she is?" I say to Laura and she covers her mouth to contain her laughter.

"Remember, she was like the main person who worked here. Like the head honcho? I'm sure you met her a few times," Laura tells me. Okay then.

"Everyone calm down," December yells and sure enough all the talks die to nothing. "Anyways, she's been having problems with her health so she is unable to work. Hence her early retirement."

"So, we have a new manager of the center. I'd like you all to meet Lorie Kravits." December says and suddenly the new person steps out.

And my heart stops in my chest.

I never knew my mother's maiden name, any letter addressed to her she always had mine and my father's last name written on it. So her maiden name was always a mystery to me that I never dwelled into.

I feel a tap on my shoulder but I hardly notice it until it comes repeatedly. I turn my head and see Jerome looking at me worriedly.

"You okay?" he asks me. I barely heard it since everyone else was also talking.

I just stare at him and he looks around then grabs my hand and pulls me out of the room.

My heart is beating so much it literally hurts my chest. My eyes feel like they're going to burst with tears any second and my whole body feels like it's going to fall apart. Maybe I was exaggerating on the last part but my mind was everywhere.

Jerome takes me to an empty hallways and looks at me, never letting go of my hand. "What happened? You look like you're going to drop, you're so pale right now Ellie,"

"Don't call me Ellie," I whisper. I feel my mind being overwhelmed by memories with her, back and forth all bad, each attacking different points. "What did you say?" Jerome asks and holds my waist with both hands touching my back.

"Don't touch my back, don't call me Ellie, just-just don't please," I whimper out and try to get out of his hold but he doesn't budge.

"Please Jerome, g-get away p-please." I asks and finally a few tears escape but they don't stop.

"Ellie, what the hell is going on?"

"I said don't call me Ellie! Don't touch my back! And just get away!" I yell out and I break out of his hold only to just stay on the ground shaking.

She won't get away, she won't leave, she'll always come back, she'll hurt me again, she always does, she never leaves.

~~~~~

Sorry this wasn't out sooner. I had most if it done but I still needed complete a few parts

It's kind of obvious, I'm terrible at making things secretive but why did Ella break? (this sounds weird oh well) What do you think about 'Lorie Kravits'?

Up top, Pentatonix' version of Somebody That I Used To Know cause honestly thank them for their amazing songs and covers, there is so much fetus in this video I love it

This is a 1,305 word chapter excluding the authors note

Only 2 chaps. + ep. left, what do you think is going to happen?

Any who, I'll see you guys all later

-Brianna