Chapter 7: Until Now

Soon after finding the note, you feel the urge to call him and make sure everything's okay. You pull out your phone and dial the number. After several rings he finally answers, "(F/n), I can't talk very long. I'm so sorry for everything that's happened lately. It's not my fault I swear. I couldn't stay because I didn't know what would happen if I did." All his words came out so quickly you take a moment to wrap your brain around everything. "Is everything okay?" is all you can say. He takes a long pause and exhales deeply, "I love you. No matter what I say or do that may make it seem otherwise. I love you." "Mark, that's not an answer to my question."

"I... I can't. Just know that I'll be back when I figure it out. I love you," and he hangs up. I'm going to find him. I have to.

Mark's POV
"Get out of my head!" I scream into the cold air around me. I hear the echoing voice in my head, "But Mark, you know it's not that simple this time." "I don't care. Figure it out. Either get out of die in there." I feel like I'm losing it. What if this is all in my mind. It is all in my mind. "If we die, you die." We? I thought it was just him. Wilford was never a problem. He was the good one. With the next echoing response I realize they can hear what I'm thinking. "Wilford was the good one. Until now. You've upset us both, Mark. We want it back. We want life. We want her."