Chapter 4 - Furry Rebellion

Dino stared at his hands that were covered in Woolfster's blood. He was horrified at what he had done. When he took a glance at Woolfster's new face, he had a horrible torn ear and a giant claw mark on his right eye.

"I'm- I didn't-"
Dino stammered.
"Please- I-"

"Leave me alone- traitor!"
Woolfster growled, as he swiped his claw at Dino's face, but missed.
The reptile backed away, and went to Sock's side.
What have I become...?
Dino asked himself, flexing his claws.
Socks began his long dialogue, and Dino didn't really care about it.
It came through one ear, though the other.
He lashed his tail in impatience.

Socks stepped on his spiky tail, and Dino held in a roar of pain. As his words began to fill Dino's ears again, he watched Woolfster bleed on the floor. Blood was spattered all over the floor and smeared too.
Dino felt a wave of guilt crash onto him, he felt terrible.
This was my choice...
This is the price I have to pay...

As Socks finally finished his monologuing, he signaled Dino to do his part.
As Dino slowly walked forward, he felt his old friends eyes glare at him. Feeling overwhelmed by the looks they gave him.
He almost broke out in tears.
But Socks burnt his back in warning.

"Today, is the day you leave."
Dino announced, darkly.
"You must leave here, and we shall banish you from these lands.
Go far, far away from here."
Dino went on.
"These are our lands now.
And we have fought for it, unlike you.
And now, it is time for a new age!"

"Yes, we fought for this land with our blood, and our smarts as with our wits."
Socks added.
"Now we banish you to go far from here.
To The No Man's Land, or wherever you shall lie. But go, now, or pay the price."

Dino wanted to go with his old friends, and he fought the urge to. Woolfster noticed his twitch in his tail and how he shuffled his feet. The furry glanced at Dino, with sorrow and empathy. Socks glared at him, side-eyeing him. Guilt and betrayal was overwhelming him, and he fought every muscle for him to stand next to his old friends.

Woolfster nodded at him, and held his tail high. Dino hesitated, but he lashed his tail and walked to Woolf's side.

"Socks...I can't."
Dino started.

"Can't what, coward?"
Socks mocked.

"I can't go with you, and I can't go without feeling guilty about what I did."
Dino confessed.
"What about Jooice, or your son?"

Sock's eyes widened with sorrow, and then rage.

"Nadwe!"
Socks cried.
"Oh, you're unhurt! Wait- what happened to him! He's out cold!"

"Don't come near him!"
Meme snapped.
"He is not your son anymore!"

"Oh, yes he is!"
Socks snapped back, he took the unconscious body of Nadwe and held him in his arms. Dino was shocked at how loving and caring Socks truly was. Socks blast out more flames, guarding him and Nadwe.

Oof shielded his mask, it was already chipped. And wanted no one to know how he looked like now. Socks ran out of the medbay and went outside.

The unconscious teen was starting to wake up. He slowly opened his eyes, and saw his Father looking at him.

"S-socks?"
Nadwe mumbled.
"Is...is that you?"

"Yes, it's me."
Socks said, with hope in his eyes.
"What happened?"

"It was those voices..."
Nadwe coughed.
"Where's everyone else...?"

"Oh, they...they're just not here."
Socks lied.
"Why?"

"I'm not sure...."
Nadwe explained, looking around his surroundings. It was a wooden home and he quickly realized whose home this was.
"I need to get out of here!
It's not safe for me!"
Nadwe panicked.

"Don't worry, Laff isn't here and he's agreed that he won't hurt you."
Socks promised.
"I promise."

Nadwe was hesitant, but sighed and nodded. He just looked around in his new room, and saw that there was even a little stick sticking out of the wall.
The perfect place to hang on!
As the teen transformed into a bat, he quickly hung onto the branch.

Socks chuckled and smiled as Nadwe was happy hanging on the branch.
I don't think he remembers...
Socks thought.
His son didn't seem to remember what everyone had told him about the fires.

"Nadwe, I'll be right back."
Socks explained.

"Alright!"
Nadwe giggled.

Socks quietly closed the door, and walked outside of the room.
He saw Laff leaning against the wall, looking like he was waiting for Socks.

"Where's Dino?"
Laff asked, annoyance in his voice.

"The coward left us, and joined the others."
Socks announced.

"How!?"
Laff snapped.
"How could you let that happen!?"

Socks couldn't find any words, he just looked to the side. Laff let out a frustrated sigh and stomped to his room. Nadwe walked out of his room, and saw his father sitting on the couch alone.

Nadwe walked up to him, then sat next to him.

"What happened?"
Nadwe asked.

"Nothing, but I can't let you outside any longer Nadwe."
Socks said, darkly.

"Why?"
Nadwe asked again.

"Just...just do it."
Socks dropped his head.
"For your safety, something is going on."

Nadwe wanted to ask what was happening in the outside world, but he fought the urge to. Socks let out a sigh, and rubbed his eye.
Socks was worried for his son, and about the war.

Laff stalked up to them, and shot a death glare at Nadwe. The child was confused, but Laff quickly left the house and slammed the door. Socks flinched at the loud sound, and he felt a pang of pain in his hand.

Socks took a look at his hand and Nadwe grabbed his wrist, forcing his father to let him see his hand.
Nadwe saw a hole in Sock's hand, it seemed empty. Socks looked frightened, he pulled back his hand and got up to leave go to his room.

Oh, what is happening?

Hope you enjoyed!

Crispy, Juicy, Tender!