Chapter 1 Re-writing

In the quaint little town where the sun peeked through vibrant autumn leaves, resided Y/N, an ordinary boy with a heart filled with both joy and sorrow. His laughter and infectious smile illuminated the faces of all who crossed his path, yet beneath this facade lay a secret wound that gnawed at his soul.

Years ago, a tragedy had befallen his family. His beloved little sister, the apple of his eye, had succumbed to a relentless battle with cancer. The doctors had been helpless, unable to alleviate her suffering. Y/N's world had shattered into a million pieces that day.

Guilt and self-reproach consumed him. He blamed himself for not being able to protect his precious sister. Had he not been so careless, had he taken her to the doctor sooner, would she still be alive? These questions haunted his waking moments and tormented his dreams.

The once-cheerful boy withdrew into himself. His smile faded, and his laughter became a hollow echo. The sadness that had once been buried deep within his heart now rose to the surface, threatening to engulf him entirely. Sometimes, he would retreat to the solitude of his room, where he would let the tears stream down his face unchecked.

Each day was a struggle for Y/N. He tried to force a smile, to act as if everything was okay, but the pain lingered, a constant reminder of his loss. The thought of his sister's innocent face, now forever gone, filled him with an unbearable ache.

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months, Y/N's friends and family grew concerned. They saw the darkness in his eyes, the emptiness in his soul. They reached out to him, offering their love and support, but he pushed them away.

"I don't deserve your pity," he would mutter. "I failed my sister. I'm a monster."

Their words fell on deaf ears, and Y/N spiraled deeper and deeper into despair. He isolated himself from the world, believing that he was unworthy of love or happiness. The once-ordinary boy was now a shadow of his former self, haunted by the ghost of a loved one lost too soon.

As Y/N ambled towards school, oblivious to the impending danger, a runaway truck with faulty brakes hurtled towards him. The massive impact sent him flying several meters, his body crumpling upon the unforgiving asphalt. Blood gushed from his wounds, painting the street crimson. In the final moments of his life, as darkness enveloped him, a flicker of hope emerged. A dazzling white light consumed his vision, accompanied by a voice calling his name.

God: That is correct, Y/N. You will be reborn as a Ship Girl in the world of Azur Lane, where you will join the fight against the Sirens. This is a world of war and conflict, but also a world of hope and determination. The fate of humanity rests on your shoulders.

Y/N: This is incredible! I've always dreamed of being a Ship Girl, and now I have the chance to actually make a difference. But... why me? Why not someone else?

God: You have a unique combination of skills and abilities that make you the perfect candidate for this mission. You are brave, compassionate, and determined. You have a natural affinity for the sea, and you are a quick learner. I believe that you have the potential to become a great Ship Girl and a hero to the world.

Y/N: really that's awesome

God: "Yes and no, Y/N. I will reincarnate you as the mighty Supreme Flagship Yamato of the enigmatic Fleet of Fog. However, instead of returning to 1940, your rebirth will take place in the year 2018."

A sense of bewilderment washed over me.

Y/N: The Arpeggio of Blue Steel universe? This couldn't be real.