Zoro x reader - modern AU - this is where my hell began

"It's such a beautiful day!", you say, stretching. You slip on a pair of shoes and go downstairs.

"Ah, y/n, there's someone I'd like you to meet. This is your soon-to-be husband, Donquixote Doflamingo." You dad said, smiling.

This was where your hell began.

"Hey, y/n, what are you doing?", your childhood friend/crush, Roronoa Zoro, asked you.

"Trying to see if I can get my father arrested for trying to marry me off to a 40-year old man." You reply saltily. You shudder as you remember your conversation with your father that very morning.

"HE'S MY WHAT?!?!?" You had said, screaming at the top of your lungs. True, your father was money-hungry, but you didn't think he'd stoop so low!

"Sorry, my daughter seems to be a bit surprised you're here, Mr. Doflamingo. I'll have to talk to her a bit..."

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!!? I don't want to get married to someone I don't know!" You whisper-screamed at him.

"Oh, shut up. A womans ultimate happiness is to get married. I pick a nice husband for you and now you want to get picky?"

"Picky? PICKY? IS IT SO DAMN WRONG THAT I'D LIKE TO MARRY SOMEONE THAT I ACTUALLY LIKE?????" You had said.

"Oh shut up, and don't give me a bad name for having a temper-challenged child who's selfish as hell!"

"Hey, if you're looking for information and stuff, maybe Robin can help. She's really smart." Zoro says, snapping you out of your nightmare. "Why are you looking for information like that anyways?"

"Cuz my dad wants to marry me off to some guy who I barely know and looks evil."

"HE WANTS TO WHAT!!!!??? HE'LL HAVE TO ANSWER TO ME FOR THAT!!!"

"SSHHHHHH!!! NO YELLING IN THE LIBRARY! The librarian said.

"Zoro... I appreciate your concern but, I think I'll be able to handle it... Once I get my hands on a law and some evidence. Which shouldn't take too much time."

"I DON'T CARE!! I LOVE YOU AND-Shiiiiiiii-you know what, forget I ever said anything, Good luck on your law/evidence hunt." Saying that, he turned and left.

"You what? Zoro? huh? Wait! Come back!"

You were pretty sure he had just said he loved you-but in what way? You were childhood friends, so maybe in a brother/sister way?

"Are you okay y/n? I heard the whole thing. It doesn't surprise me though!" You turn around and see Nami sitting on the edge of the table you were working at.

"NO SITTING ON THE TABLES!" The librarian yelled.

"SHUT IT, I THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO BE QUIET IN THE LIBRARY!" You yell back.

"Oooh. Good one, y/n."

"So getting back on topic, WHAT THE #@$)%*&#)$& WAS THAT!!!!!!!" You say, refferring to the earlier incident between you and Zoro.

"Hmm? It seems pretty obvious to me. He accidentally confessed his love for you in front of everyone in the library." Nami said to you.

"A-Are you sure? I'm pretty sure he just meant it in a sibling love way... or in a friend way..."

"SHEESH. When are the two of you going to wake up and see your feelings are mutual? I wasn't helping you because it was entertaining, but at this point, it's plain annoying...I can help you, if you want. With a 300 percent interest rate, of course."

"I think I'll pass..." You say.

"Your loss. By the way, Zoro's probably lost by now. You might wanna go find him."