Chapter 29

Nikkita: Okay meet you outside.

Siddharth: Okay.

Siddharth said as he buried his face in his palms not believing Nikkita actually convinced him to propose Avneet. Siddharth doesn't remember when he slept last night. He tossed and turned in his bed thinking about unimaginable ways how Avneet could reject him. Even writing in diary wouldn't let him sleep. He watched a few YouTube videos that claim to make you fall asleep in  5 minutes but those were useless. 

He would have slept for hardly 3 hours when he was woken up with Nikkita throwing pillows at him telling him it's a big day. Now he's sitting in a chair in Nikkita's room. They were planning how to propose Avneet.

Nikkita turned and was about to leave when Riyaz hugged her tightly and sobbed hard.

Riyaz: I can't bear this anymore Nikkita. It's really hard for me. He called me and said he is about to propose her today and she obviously will accept it. I don't want to be a barrier between them but I just I can't bear this please. I can't be there when he proposes her. I will tell them that I was ill and went back home and you... you just handle here. Okay?

Nikkita's eyes widen as she realised that he unknowingly said everything in front of Siddharth. Riyaz broke the hug and wiped his tears with the back of his hand. He was about to go when a voice froze him on the spot.

Siddharth: At least you should have looked behind Nikkita once.

Riyaz's eyes widen at this statement of his.

Riyaz: Look I-

Siddharth: At least you should have wiped those tears of yours so that you could have seen me standing here.

Siddharth said cutting him off, Nikkita went at a corner because they need to sort everything themselves.

Siddharth: At least you could have asked Nikkita that whom she was talking to.

Siddharth went to him and turned him. He was looking down still trying to hold back his tears and trying his best to hide them from Siddharth.

Siddharth: You still love her. Don't you?

Riyaz shot his head up and looked at him with wide eyes. Then he quickly diverted his gaze looking everywhere but not him. Because he knows if he looked at his eyes he would burst out (in tears) anytime. Knowing he won't be able to lie to him, he stayed silent. Siddharth's gaze was making his helpless so he sighed and said,

Riyaz: No I don't.

Siddharth: Look into my eyes and say the same.

Riyaz tried hard finding an excuse but his mind was puzzled, he finally gave up and said,

Riyaz: Siddharth please try to understand. She loves you not me.

Siddharth: Whatever it is, I can't propose her after knowing you still do love her.

Riyaz: It's not about my love for her, it's she who loves you and I know my love is nothing in front of what you have for her. Hell, maybe I don't even love her. Maybe I like that someone thought that I'm good enough to date.

Siddharth: Was that about Anushka?

Riyaz: ...

Siddharth: You know what Riyaz? I hate to be the one to tell you this, you should have realised it yourself but you are just dumb. The truth is, you were never over Anushka.

Riyaz: Huh? Nothing like that. I am over her.

Siddharth: Then who's at your current phone wallpaper?

Riyaz bit his inner cheek as he realised it's a picture of Anushka wearing a jumka which he screenshotted from her story.

Riyaz: How do you know about that?

Siddharth shrugged and said

Siddharth: I have my ways. 

His "ways" of finding out was when once during lectures Riyaz's phone lit up from a message. Riyaz groaned and hugged him.

Riyaz: What did I do to deserve an asshole like you?

Siddharth: I'm the result of your good deeds.

Nikkita: Okay guys now don't be emotional again, go and wash your faces. You guys look like potatoes.

Nikkita said out of nowhere who was standing there wiping her tears looking at the bond of her two best friends. Both of them chuckled and pulled her in a trio hug.

To be continued...

Stay tuned for the next chapter.