Chapter 10

A/N: Hope you guys enjoy the chapter. This one focuses a bit more on Jen.

_______________________________

Jennie awoke to pots and pans banging distantly from the kitchen, rolling over and searching the bed lazily with her hands. She opened her eyes, patting the sheets as she realized Lisa wasn't here. She was in a cabin, far from her best friend. Damn, it was cold without her. Jen pulled the sheets up to her chin, burrowing into the blankets as she looked outside the window.

The early sun made the snow glow, and she had to squint her eyes to keep from being blinded by the brightness. Clearly some of her family was already up, judging by the voices and noises coming from beyond her door.

The parents were probably making breakfast while Jisoo sketched at the table. Odds were Jung-Hoon was still asleep.

Today they were apparently going sledding and checking out the ski lodge, as decided last night after Jennie had gotten off the phone with Lisa. She missed waking up to her. She debated calling her, but knew Lisa would still be asleep and didn't want to risk dad taking the phone out of her room on their first day here.

She sighed, inhaling deeply and missing the smell of Lisa's shampoo, wishing a sea of red waves was tickling her face instead of this scratchy pillowcase. She smiled as she remembered last night, Lisa's voice in her ear setting her whole body on fire. She felt her heartbeat quicken as she replayed the sounds Lisa made, her sultry voice echoing through Jen's brain. God, she was fucked.

Jennie groaned, throwing the covers back and quickly picking out clothes to wear. It was freezing in her room and she could only hope it was warmer in the rest of the cabin. She emerged from her room bundled in several layers, sitting down at the kitchen table beside Jisoo, who was indeed already drawing something on her sketch pad. She watched her quick, delicate strokes as she sketched what appeared to be the trees outside.

"Morning, honey," her mom turned her head from the counter and grinned. She was frying eggs and bacon while her dad cooked pancakes on a griddle they'd brought from home.

"Morning, Mom," Jen smiled, inhaling the scents of the food. She didn't realize it until now but she was starving.

"You get enough sleep, kid?" Dad asked, eyeing her outfit as he chuckled.

"Yeah," she rolled her eyes, noticing dad analyzing her layers. "What? It's cold!" her dad laughed, nodding his head as he resumed monitoring and flipping pancakes.

"I'll put some more logs on the fire," Jisoo looked up, smirking at her. She knew Jennie was always cold. She set her pencil down and stood up, Jennie standing up with her.

"I'll help," she offered politely. Too politely. Jisoo narrowed her eyes at her, watching as she followed her outside to grab wood from their pile.

"Now you wanna help?" Jisoo teased, grabbing two logs and handing one to Jen.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you," Jennie sombered, eyes searching Jisoo's face as she cradled the log in her arms.

"You okay?" Jisoo's eyes immediately flashed with concern, trying to read Jen.

"Yeah, no, it's nothing bad. I just-" Jennie paused, glancing inside the window at her parents making breakfast. "You're the only one who will understand."

"Okay," Jisoo softened, nodding as she put her hand on Jen's shoulder. "I don't think we have time now, though." Her eyes darted towards Jisoo's parents that just arrived from a little walk in the woods.

"I know," she sighed, "but maybe later?"

"Yeah, of course," she nodded, smiling gently. "Whatever it is, I'm here for you."