2

I leave the station, ignoring the fact i'm supposed to be at work, and walk home with a huge smile on my face. I can't help but feel giddy as I happily wander home, ignoring the missed calls from work. As I arrive home, I throw myself onto my bed with a sigh of happiness. Suddenly, a text message pops up on my phone. Its from my boss, "you're fired." I mutter a curse under my breathe and sit up straight on my bed, deep in thought. With a sigh, I take out the card the man gave me earlier and hesitate for a moment. But then, I gather the courage and make the call.

The phone rings for a moment, and then a familiar voice answers. "Hello." It's the man from the train station. I hesitate for a second, gathering my thoughts, before saying, "Hey, it's me from the station earlier. You gave me your card." I pause, waiting for a response. He asks, "Do you wish to participate in the game?" I take a deep breathe but hesitate to reply. He adds, "If you wish to participate, please state your name and date of birth." I think about it for a second and then do as told. He then gives me a location, telling me to be there in two hours.

As the time passes, darkness falls upon the quiet street where I wait. Suddenly, a sleek black car emerges from the shadows, slowly approaching me. I glance at the driver's seat window and see a man in red, also wearing a mask. Confusion fills my mind as I wonder what is happening. What is this? "Miss Kang Ji-Yoo?" The driver asks. I nod hesitantly. "The password?" He prompts. My heart races as I gulp and reply, "red light, green light." The door of the car slides open, and I cautiously step inside, taking in the sight of four seemingly sleeping individuals. I awkwardly sit down as the door closes. I'm about to speak until a strange gas fills up the car, and before I know it, I drift into a deep sleep.