Prologue

Important:
If you find this boring,you can skip the prologue.

Enjoy reading!

Prologue.

Arshia stood in the heavy rain watching her mother's body get burned.

She looked at her left to see her 15 year old sister on her knees, crying and her 24 year old brother comforting her. Her brother looked up with tears clear in his eyes. Looking further down,she saw her father who she never considered a father.

Their father divorced their mother when her older brother was 15,she was 12 and her youngest sister,6. None of the kids where ready for the separation and none of them wanted to be in their father's custody. But their father was a very powerful man and there was no chance thier mother could win custody over her three children. Arshia was never the strong-sibling but her parents divorce had a strong effect of her. Her brother,Rudra Khanna and sister,Amiya Khanna went weak because of the divorce. Although,Rudra tried to fulfill his duties as a older brother at the end of the day he went to Arshia and cried on her shoulder,unable to live without their mother. Amiya was loved by their father a lot,he treated her as a princess and the other two had no issues with that. Their father showed love to the other two,but they wanted their mother's love.

She was cold but not rude to her father. She never really hated him,he was her father after all. But,when she came to know why her mother had died,she didn't consider her father as her father anymore.

Even with constant warnings,their mother would secretly meet the children with every chance she got. She was a mother and a mother's heart always craved for her children. When her father came to know about this,he officially sent her mother a court statement,not allowing her to meet her children.

She could not handle the pain and begged father to let her hear the voices of her children but her father didn't allow it. Not handling the pain,she committed suicide.

She stared at her father with hatred and moved her gaze back to the flames increasing,the rain not causing a single damn effect on the increasing fire. In the corner of her eyes,she saw her father walking away and her brother and sister standing up,to walk away. But she didn't move an inch,still staring at the fire.

She felt a hand rest on her shoulders as she turned around and looked at her brother,who gestured her to come along. She sightly nodded and walked away.

.

"Amiya" Their father softly patted her head softly. "Get changed,you are drenched. You will catch a cold." He looked up at Arshia and Rudra. "You too,both of you"

Arshia rolled her eyes and walked to her room, slamming the door upon entering the room.

.

She entered the bathtub with her clothes on. She closed her eyes and rested her head, reflecting back on the uneventful day. Feeling her chest throb with pain she slowly sank in the water,her face now underneath the water. The absence of oxygen was soon felt by her but it gave her peace,the pain gave her peace. And soon enough she lost consciousness.

.

She opened her eyes and sat up, gasping for air. Coughing,she noticed her surroundings.

The sun was shining brightly but not an ounce of heat could be felt. The cold wind hit her face causing her to close her eyes and soak in the comfort. The surroundings looked greaner and cleaner than what she saw previously. The flowers where brighter and prettier than usual,the grass was softer than usual and the peace was comfier than usual.

She accepted this as a dream as she stood up and soaked in how beautiful the place looked. Turning around,she spotted a man and stepped back at the sudden presence of someone other than her in her own dream.

"Priye,it was about time you noticed me" A man said with humour filled in his tone.

She examined the man. He was wearing yellow attire and a golden crown with a peacock feather sticking out of the crown. The man had dusky skin and feets that resembled lotuses. That discription reminded of how her mother described the god of who she was a great devotee,Shree Krishna. Her mother always spoke of him as a friend not a god, although she worshipped him as a god. She always used to narrate stories about Shree Krishna and Mahabharat was always her mother's favourite one.

Arshia always had conflicts with her mother, disagreeing with what the history held, especially the Mahabharat.

"Are you Bhagwan Krishna?" She managed to ask. The man laughed and came closer to her.

"I don't know about bhagwan but I am Krishna,your sakha Krishna" His tone soften. Her subconscious-self bend down and seeked his blessings.

"Uh-hun,no. A friend doesn't seek blessings from another friend." He grabbed her shoulders and helped him stand up. "My mother would be utterly dissapointed if I didn't"

"You mother greeted me once she entered heaven and you know what was the first wish she asked me?" Krishna looked at her who was attentively looking at him. "She asked me to somehow or however make you experience the time of the Mahabharat. She is one of my sakhis so I was bound to fulfill her wish. So,shall we proceed?" Krishna extended his hand.

Arshia looked at it confused and stepped back not accepting his hand.

"It's all a dream Arshia. All a dream" She mumbled to herself. Krishna chuckled and grabbed her hand softly.

"It's not a dream, Arshia. You know the history and events and have a chance to rewrite the strings of fate. How can you miss this opportunity?"

"How can I travel back to Dwapara? That's stupid and—"

"You shall see yourself"

With a flick of his fingers, Arshia felt herself getting sucked by an unknown force.

.
.
.

If you made it till here,I hope you enjoyed.
Will update soon!
Stay tuned!
No intend to hurt anyone's religious beliefs.