Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Yellow Roses

Her muffled whimpers echoed inside the room. Harley nibbled on her ear when he hitched his breath. The sound of her heady breathing were bouncing off the walls and it was filling his head. Her scent wasn't helping him either especially when she smells like spring—warm and sweet and delicate, and everything was swirling around like a trance and a spell keeping him captive.

But the thing was, Harley wouldn't do anything to have it undone.

Because he wanted more of her even if they had already ridden the waves.

Each time. All the time.

And far greater than their last.

"Bee," she breathed, and the last vowel curved out so weakly, it faded into a blur. He could feel her nails digging on his back when his pace began to dissipate.

They were breathless, and the pounding in his chest was so profound he could feel it in his throat. Marty was heaving deep breaths when his lips brushed on her skin.

"Mhmm . . ." Her voice lingered. A smile appeared on her lips too when Harley grazed her jaw up to her cheek with tiny little kisses.

"Bee, nagugutom ako," sabi ni Marty.

"Order ba tayo? Ano gusto mo?"

"Pero inaantok din ako, e."

He chuckled. "Ano uunahin mo do'n?"

Napasimangot naman si Marty. "Ewan ko. P'wede ba isabay ko na lang tulog at kain?"

"Pa'no 'yon?"

"Isang mata ko nakapikit habang ngumangata ako."

"Ikaw talaga." Natawa si Harley. "May gusto ba kayo ni beebie?"

"Gusto namin ng cinnamon roll na may honey."

"Tapos matcha na drink?"

She winced. "Ayaw ko, bee. Nakakasuka."

"Nakakasuka? 'Di ba gusto mo 'yon?"

"Oo. Kaso naiisip ko pa lang 'yong amoy para akong masusuka. Ang baho."

"Sige," he said, dipping a kiss on her lips. "Hanap ako ng iba."

"Bilisan mo, okay?"

He nodded. "Okay."

"Sabi ni beebie bawal daw mawala si daddy nang matagal. Iiyak kami pareho."

"Talaga? Sinabi niya 'yon?" he asked, amused. Especially when her cheeks were flushed and her hair were all over the pillow, her skin looked even more healthy and radiant, too.

No wonder she was making some heads turn for a double take. Hindi niya rin talaga masisi 'yong doktor kasi . . . ang ganda-ganda niya lalo.

And he's the only one who has all the privilege to admire her this close. He's the only one allowed to find her pretty and endearing. Kasi bawal daw sila magandahan sa kanya. Bawal daw sila magkagusto.

Siya lang daw p'wede.

Harley sighed. He still couldn't wrap his head around the idea that he could love her more. Each time he thought what he feels for her was already at its greatest, but Marty would surprise and make him realize he was wrong, especially when he saw their baby earlier. He couldn't understand how he could feel so much, but he couldn't be more happy from being wrong.

"Bee?" he called. Her lids were falling heavy now and he could tell she'd fall asleep any time soon.

"Hmm?"