Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Everything Honey

Marty's mouth has been watering. Kanina niya pa gustong kumain pero hindi pa p'wede at kailangan niyang tiisin para sa checkup nila ngayon. Especially when she has a scheduled screening to check for gestational diabetes.

"Bee, paano kapag meron ako no'n?" she asked a bit nervous while they were on their way to the hospital.

"Hindi 'yan. 'Wag mo munang isipin. Wala ka namang symptom 'di ba?" sagot naman ng asawa niya.

"Wala pero 'yong cravings ko kasi madalas matamis."

"Pero healthy naman mga pinaglilihian mo? Puro prutas tapos honey. Masipag ka rin uminom ng tubig tapos may exercise tayong tatlo ni beebie," Harley said, reassuringly.

But she wasn't convinced. Kahit more on fructose naman ang honey, she thought. She still likes to eat pineapples, grapes, and bananas dipped and drizzled with honey. She's aware those fruit selection contains a high amount of glucose. But she couldn't help her cravings most of the time.

Beebie kicked as the rumbling in her stomach boiled in nothing but hollow air and hydrochloric acid probably bubbling up with nothing to digest.

She sniffed, gulping despite her dried out mouth. "Gutom na talaga kami ni beebie. Hindi ba talaga p'wede kahit water lang?"

"Tiis lang muna, bee. Sabi ni Doc bawal din, e."

Her lips curled in a frown. "Okay . . ."

From all the checkups they've done, this was probably the most torturous one so far. It wasn't her first time to fast before some lab tests. If that's only the case, she'd probably be fine with it. Kaya niya namang tiisin 'yong gutom niya.

But right now, her stomach wasn't just rumbling. It was cold too, and it was slowly rising from the pits of her stomach to her chest, to her mouth, then to her head.

She doesn't want to overthink much further. But somehow, she couldn't help herself from over analyzing everything she's been eating from the start of her pregnancy. It was mostly fruits and honey, and she likes drinking chamomile, english breakfast, or lavender tea.

Still, everything with honey.

Although of course, she's aware that it doesn't contain much glucose, she couldn't stray her mind away from thinking that her body has always been fragile.

Okay naman ang results ng mga checkup niya so far. But what if she had taken it for granted?

Ang selan ko pa naman . . .

And she promised their little one that she would take good care of her body for the both of them, but somehow she feels like she forgot to watch out her diet just to satisfy her cravings.

She gripped his hand tight when they went down the car.

"Bee, 'wag mo ga'no bilisan. Nahihilo ako," sabi niya.

She doesn't quite know whether it's her morning sickness, her nausea, her anxiety, or if she was just hungry, or probably all of it, but she feels light headed and the little prickling sensation on her palms were rising higher to her cheeks.

Mas lalo siyang napahawak nang mahigpit kay Harley.

Marty bit her tongue when she was slowly feeling herself blacking out.

"Bee?" he called.

"Ikuha mo 'ko ng wheelchair, please. Feeling ko . . ." She paused to swallow and to heave a deep breath.