Chapter 1- The Portraitist

It was a warm spring afternoon when Y/n received an unusual letter in the mail, she had just finished sketching for the day when the letter came around. The young maiden placed her pencils in her hair and washed her hands before handling the mail. It was a thin and small letter sealed particularly and was stamped in the maroon wax with the installed KRII. Y/n stared at the letter curiously as she began to open it delicately.

Dear Miss Y/n,

Your presence is required at the Kingdom of Enchancia for a portate of the royal family. King Roland expects you to be at the palace at 7:00 am, your stay at the palace will be for three days. A carriage will arrive for you at 5:00 pm tonight.

~The Kingdom of Enchancia

Y/n was speechless The Kingdom of Enchancia requested her present and the King had noticed her art, pride-filled her eyes as she re-read the letter over and over again, "I-I can't believe it!"

Y/n had been a Portraitist ever since she could remember. It started as a hobby then it became an ambition of hers and now to be finally noticed made her feel overjoyed. She then glanced at the letter stating that a carriage was going to arrive for her at 5:00 pm she raced over to her clock to see what time it was, it was well over noon. Not wanting to waste any time she rushed around her house, packing art supplies along with some outfits she knew she'd need along with her journey. Y/n mind raced as packed, just then she glanced out her window to see a soft purple wagon pull up to the side of her home. 'He is it!' She thought to herself as she shoved the rest of the belongings into her luggage.

Once Y/n walked out of her small home she found a friendly face to greet her. "Miss Y/n?" He asked her. "You are an artist? Are you no?" He asked raising an eyebrow with a smile.

"Why yes," she said gripping onto her luggage with a soft smile.

"Well, then I'm here for you. Nice to meet you, Miss, my name is Baileywick his majesty sent me for your safe arrival," He said as fixed the glasses that sat on the tip of his nose. "Are you ready to leave miss?"

"Yes sir," Y/n said as she approached the wagon blissfully.

"Here let me help," Baileywick said as he took one of Y/n's bags and placed it in the back of the carriage.

"Thank you," Y/n smiled as they entered. It was a long ride to the palace although Y/n couldn't recall a thing for she fell asleep for the entire ride. "Miss Y/n," she lightly heard, "Miss Y/n we've arrived."

The artist woke up with rosy cheeks as she opened her tired eyes. "Miss Y/n may I be the first to welcome you to Enchancia!"